• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs, what other types have you tested as?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Pretty straightforward question. How many types? Which types? And why do you think that was?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before I began studying MBTI, always INFJ. And that's all that counts, right?

I'm pretty sure now I'd probably test as another type because I would over-analyze the questions.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
INFP

because I am basically 50-50 in the two judging/perceiving functions

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought i was an intp for a while when i was first cursorily introduced way back when. girl said i was an infj, tho. i wasn't sure whether to believe her bc she was totally crazy. she was right. crazy like a fox.

redacted

in approximate order:
ENTJ (first test ever)
ENTP
ENFP
INTP
INFP
INFJ
INTJ
ENFJ

Weird order, I know.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Husband: tested once, was infj

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i have never tested anything but INFx, except in one socionics test, where i tested intp with low T. tests that use the J/P dichotomy are arbitrary for me. none of both patterns, as they are exemplified there, match me just right, so i have to throw cubes and bend myself coherently.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ and INFP

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've always tested as INFJ on MBTI tests, including the official one. Once early in college I tested as INTJ on the HumanMetrics test, and I recently tested as INFP on one of the function order tests.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always tested as INFJ on MBTI tests, including the official one. Once early in college I tested as INTJ on the HumanMetrics test, and I recently tested as INFP on one of the function order tests.

Sounds familiar!

HumanMetrics always typed me as INTJ when I was in my early 20's (although the T/F was always the weakest dichotomy for me), and cognitive functions tests a year or so ago tended to put me as INFP.

Why? Well, as to the INTJ thing, either I AM an INTJ;), I'm not that extreme on F/T so it doesn't really matter anyway, or the questions don't get to the root of cognitive processes and are attributing behavioral trends to type when they shouldn't be. As to the INFP thing, I think one can have strong cognitive functions that they're not 'supposed' to have as strong - which I suspect is my case. Or, again, the questions just aren't framed correctly.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm eNFJ, and have tested as INFJ and ENTJ (which kinda makes sense, the split of the two).

I've tested only as eNFJ for years now.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP and INTJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ
ENTJ
INFP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
INTJ

Last edited:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
When I first took the test about 5 years ago, I got INFP. Then I took it again on several different websites over the years and it varied from INFP, INFJ, INTJ, and ISFJ. I think I based some of the answers on how I was feeling at the moment when I took them, but INFJ fits me the best.

Lightyear

ISFJ, INTJ, ISTJ

I am definitely INFJ, just none of the above types fit me.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds familiar!

HumanMetrics always typed me as INTJ when I was in my early 20's (although the T/F was always the weakest dichotomy for me), and cognitive functions tests a year or so ago tended to put me as INFP.

Why? Well, as to the INTJ thing, either I AM an INTJ;), I'm not that extreme on F/T so it doesn't really matter anyway, or the questions don't get to the root of cognitive processes and are attributing behavioral trends to type when they shouldn't be. As to the INFP thing, I think one can have strong cognitive functions that they're not 'supposed' to have as strong - which I suspect is my case. Or, again, the questions just aren't framed correctly.

I suspect that it's a combination of both, but probably more to do the the questions. I score as having very high Fi on the function tests, when really those questions could be seeing the Ni/Fe combination. Same for several other cognitive functions. I don't think I'm really all that high on true Fi. I've also thought that it's my bias in taking the test as it's difficult after you know more about typology to avoid gearing your answers a certain way.

I know I'm not INTJ, though I love me some NTJs. The funny thing is that I'd forgotten that I'd ever scored as INTJ until I was looking at old response papers from college and I had written a response in developmental psychology about whether I thought my "type" fit for me (the verdict was: somewhat, but not really). I had been typed as INFJ in high school, also pretty close between F/T. I think the bottom line is just that the HumanMetrics test isn't all that reliable, which kind of goes without saying. I know a few ISFJ/Ps who have mistyped themselves as INFJ/P there.