• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] poetic urges

S

Sniffles

Yes I get bursts of creativity all often. No rhyme or reason to them, they just arrive at random moments and hopefully I'm in a position to record my thoughts.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Interesting. Sometimes I try to write through dry spells, but my writing is absolutely awful. Do you have any tricks to keep your mind/pen moving and get through writer's block?

Meh; sorry it took me forever to reply. Honestly, I do a lot of "writing-about-writing." A long time ago, after a comparatively long (for me) dry spell, I wrote about having writers block, and it turned into something about how I didn't deserve to write because of some flaw or other, and it ended up being one of my best poems in that "phase". I kinda got into the habit of writing-about-writing and seeing what results that produces. Then, besides that, there are always certain things I can read that put me into a poetic space (a good metaphor for it is "exciting" an electron into a higher energy level): Harold Bloom, Wallace Stevens, Walt Whitman (often entirely too painful/unpleasant), Fernando Pessoa... and then writing one poem will start another idea which leads to another poem which leads to another idea which leads to another poem... but I could go on about poetry and my process forever, so I'll spare you.

more like homosexual tendencies, amirite gaiz?

Apparently, for some people they're the same... (see: Hart Crane; Walt Whitman...)