First 123 Last

Thread: poetic urges

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I tend to need to express myself creatively through writing when I get stressed or emotionally overwhelmed. I think it's a type of release or escapism in that case.

Visual art I do whenever I get inspired -- see a nice piece, get a new idea, etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't believe in writer's block, BUT I do believe in burst of inspiration. I get moments where I sit down and everything flows in its own poetic prose, and if it's autobiographical, chances are it'll be a poem. If it's more thought-oriented, it'll be prose. If I'm in the middle of a long-term project, I just pour it into there as best I can (because it can give the story wonderufl twists and turns and depth when I write while in that mood). I freely give up sleep for it. I just CAN'T sleep if I don't.

Sometimes the muse whispers, and other times, she's out to lunch. But when that happens, usually you have to plow through anyway.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP

lol, I just experienced this yesterday! I was sitting in one of my classes and then all of a sudden I just had this sudden urge to write....which is something that doesn't happen very often.

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do you all show your work to other people? Or is it just for you?

It's the one thing that I feel is so personal. But at the same time feel so confident about it and would show it to anybody. It's the one thing I feel incapable of caring if it is rejected. For some reason, it's like, I don't care if you like it or not, it's part of me. It's honest. It's what I was feeling at that moment and it's neither right nor wrong.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm not into poetry. At all. But I do write (thank you whimsical) a lot of stories, which are quite absurdistic, most of the times. Most people say I'm pretty good at it.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

correction, write

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

O, thanks. I am SO stupid.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

LOL

MBTI
    INFJ

Sometimes I'll have work to do and I'll be up late doing it (ex: essays due next day) but I'll put my entire schedule on hold because I get a marvelous idea. I usually am kind of weak to the urge and spend my time working on the idea. I write stories alot, and sometimes I write just a few pages about a character I make up on the spot, but I don't really like to write poetry at all. I always felt embarassed reading poetry later that I had written, so eventually I just learned to save myself and stop.

I like it when other people read what I've written. I feel hurt when I give it to them to read and they're too busy to complete it in a timely manner.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Sometimes I just get sudden bursts of creative energy and I have to write. That's why most of my writing turns into poetry. I am not one for anything too lengthy.
    Same here, I'm no good at long stories.
    I love to "write images" and short stories though.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-