• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] why do I get the feeling

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feel, but not think?

Not sure what the point of your question is.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I've heard that this has something to do with being INFJ.

But it is questionable how good you actually read people.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
What makes you think that you read people well? I'm not questioning you...just asking.
BTW, I feel the same way. I can read people very well. It's one of the the marks of intuition.

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah I get told that myself. That I have this way of understanding people and also in return being able to "speak their own language" back to them so they fully understand the concept of whatever we may be talking about. Its very strange indeed, but yes. It does occur and I agree(with said former statement). =P

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's the strength of your Ni. My sister is a very very strooong INFP, and she has the gift as well. The powerful gift of insight, it's artistic and deep. Not all INFs have it (It seems to be an INF thing), so use it well...it will get you far.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Because INFJ's got it like that.

Sponge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I can't read people at all. I'm actually really bad at it.

Sponge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I lean more on the INFP side, I just don't like to admit it ;)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It's not a feeling, I know I read people well.

In real life of course.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I read people all the time ... your life is like a book to me, all the pages written and filled with information you don't even know that I know about you ...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
that I can read people exceptionally well

This question is being taken as, "Why can an INFJ read people well." Let's get past the assumption that you can, and tackle the more interesting potentially implied question: why do you feel you can read people well, regardless of whether or not you actually can.

So, why do you think you feel that you can read people exceptionally well? :D

G

Glycerine

that I can read people exceptionally well

You probably can. I get this feeling a lot also. Is it like you can see right through the person, at times? For me, I can pick up on other people's emotional states very easily and sometimes even their thoughts. I will be talking with someone and some random word or phrase will pop into my head and I will ask them if thats what they mean and for the most part, I am on the right track. Also, I think that i am very good at connecting the dots about people and my first impressions are usually right (I give most people the benefit of the doubt but still...) Is this what you are getting at?

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
You probably can. I get this feeling a lot also. Is it like you can see right through the person, at times? For me, I can pick up on other people's emotional states very easily and sometimes even their thoughts. I will be talking with someone and some random word or phrase will pop into my head and I will ask them if thats what they mean and for the most part, I am on the right track. Also, I think that i am very good at connecting the dots about people and my first impressions are usually right (I give most people the benefit of the doubt but still...) Is this what you are getting at?

why yes it is