User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still havent got my infj intrested in astronomy, but I am working on it !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Have you tried Hubble nebula pictures? Those have always made me drool.

(I'm still looking for giant posters of my favourite ones...)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Have you tried Hubble nebula pictures? Those have always made me drool.

(I'm still looking for giant posters of my favourite ones...)
    New Hubble pictures just came out 3 days ago, some of the best ones ever:

So sick it doesn't look real, though I'm sure they used many techniques to "bring out" the shapes and colors.

MBTI
    INtJ

An update - My discomfort was very apparent... She sent me an e-mail yesterday morning giving me 7 days notice as I was unbearable to live with! That just added to the tension for me... I moved out yesterday evening in with some friends - it's only just over a week before I move to my new place but she could stand it no more....

I'll admit her boyfriend made my skin crawl so I couldn't bring myself to even make small talk with him and I don't like children (which she knew) so a conversation with an 8 year old was always going to be bad for me....

Water under the bridge now - I'm into a new environment which will stimulate me just long enough... Then move day next Thursday....

MBTI
    INtJ

I thought I'd posted to the wrong thread then....

Ahhh, space, the bigger picture!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I hear that. I need a LOT of space. I can be really social too, but I like to spend more nights alone than with people usually.

I like to just chill out, watch TV, maybe surf the internet some, and just reflect on my life. Most people, especially extroverts, usually can't understand my incredible need for this. I guess it's ironic because I am often seen as a counselor for many of those people, they tell me all sorts of things, and I am very understanding to their issues. I am warmly interested in them, but they usually can't find it in themselves to understand my issues.

I protect myself by not discussing my need for space, because only introverts, and probably ENFPs and ENTPs will understand (I'm sure a lot of extroverts on this board get it, but most I know in real life can't). It's tough in life when people don't understand your needs, and it's common for many INFJs. Then again, if the world were better suited for INFJs, maybe it wouldn't be so wearing on me, and I wouldn't need as much alone time.

Sorry if I am coming across as bitter. It's just that these kind of issues are part of the reason the world pisses me off so much sometimes. But in short, you're not alone. Be happy that you only need three nights to yourself a week. I need at least four most of the time. And I usually prefer more than four.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    I like to just chill out, watch TV, maybe surf the internet some, and just reflect on my life. Most people, especially extroverts, usually can't understand my incredible need for this.

It's tough in life when people don't understand your needs, and it's common for many INFJs.

My thoughts exactly! And there's always this element of guilt here. I do feel guilty when people don't understand when I'd much prefer to stay home by myself than go out with them. It is as if I'm letting them down. It's gotten to the point now when people don't even bother to ask me out anymore and to be honest, I'm relieved that I don't have to make up excuses and turn them down. I love people, I just hate being around them.
    This probably sounds too self-centered but I do feel that I can be more useful to people when I'm not with them all the time.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    My thoughts exactly! And there's always this element of guilt here. I do feel guilty when people don't understand when I'd much prefer to stay home by myself than go out with them. It is as if I'm letting them down. It's gotten to the point now when people don't even bother to ask me out anymore and to be honest, I'm relieved that I don't have to make up excuses and turn them down. I love people, I just hate being around them.
    This probably sounds too self-centered but I do feel that I can be more useful to people when I'm not with them all the time.
    I feel the same way. I feel sometimes that a day spent without people is a wasted day. I'm thankful for messengers because it allows me to sort of spend time with people without actually pulling on my energy much. Probably I used to play MMOs all the time.

I -do- find ENFPs to be some of the more understanding extroverts, the one's I know anyway.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I relate to that so much. My Mom would too, she is an INFJ also. I guess a lot of people can be dissatisfying to us. It's not that they're not nice or good people, but there's just some things socially that they don't usually get. Of course, there are exceptions, but most people just aren't very concerned for others, or how they feel. Being around them feels like a chore and is very tiring because I have to work so hard to blend in to the social situation without coming across as a crazy person. I can always do it, but it takes a lot of work. If people knew how hard I have to work to be a functional member of society they would be extremely surprised, but probably wouldn't get it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I tend to have this pattern of going back and forth between very reserved and quite to being very clingy and mushy-gushy.
    Autistic INFP