User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Lounge View Post
    I'm in between, just like Pitseleh. I'm normally an ENFJ, but once I lose my energy, I become an INFJ. I might just be an Extroverted INFJ.

The difference, by the way, is the importance of other people. ENFJs care so much about other people, they sometimes forget to care for themselves. INFJs like other people, but they feel like other people should respect them. They don't let others get in the way of what they want to do, at least not to the same degree as ENFJs. I could be wrong.

In social situations or things that require working in a group, I'm ENFJ. If it's just work that I need to do alone, I'm INFJ. I have an INFJ's work ethic with an ENFJ's social skills and abililty to motivate people.
    Yep, sounds like me as well.

I actually can't believe how much energy ENFJs or E's have in general. I need silence once in a while but those people go on and on and on like a Duracell rabbit.

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    See Post #76, Last complete sentence.
    Just that you feel that you have a rational viewpoint, doesn't automatically mean you make sense to anyone.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    Yep, sounds like me as well.

I actually can't believe how much energy ENFJs or E's have in general. I need silence once in a while but those people go on and on and on like a Duracell rabbit.
    Do you mean you like consistent stream of external stimulation but not huge, loud crowds? ENXX's are least extroverted out of the extroverts. IMO, 1. ENTP, 2. and 3. tied ENFJ/ENFP 4. ENTJ

Glycerine

I'm in between, just like Pitseleh. I'm normally an ENFJ, but once I lose my energy, I become an INFJ. I might just be an Extroverted INFJ.

The difference, by the way, is the importance of other people. ENFJs care so much about other people, they sometimes forget to care for themselves. INFJs like other people, but they feel like other people should respect them. They don't let others get in the way of what they want to do, at least not to the same degree as ENFJs. I could be wrong.

In social situations or things that require working in a group, I'm ENFJ. If it's just work that I need to do alone, I'm INFJ. I have an INFJ's work ethic with an ENFJ's social skills and abililty to motivate people.
    Many ENFJs think that they are introverts but most of the people around them go, "huh, what drugs are you on? You're rather deluded." I don't really have the greatest social skills (that's why I thought I was INFJ) but I always have to be saying something... I can't keep quiet for an entire class period (50 minutes). Some idea always comes to mind relating to what another person is saying. That was the final deciding factor.

However, there are different types of ENFJs, IMO. 1. the very social charismatic type (Fe) 2. The very cerebral, analytical type (Ni) but Fe still wins out in the end. 3. a mixture of 1 and 2.

I am more type 2.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

One of the biggest differences I find is my constant need to be surrounded by people compared to an INFJ I know.

If I'm alone I get:

1. Bored
    2. Tired
    3. Worrisome
    4. Apathetic

It's just physically and mentally taxing to be by myself for an extended period of time. I need the constant refueling by the people around me.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Many ENFJs think that they are introverts but most of the people around them go, "huh, what drugs are you on? You're rather deluded." I don't really have the greatest social skills (that's why I thought I was INFJ) but I always have to be saying something... I can't keep quiet for an entire class period (50 minutes). Some idea always comes to mind relating to what another person is saying. That was the final deciding factor.

However, there are different types of ENFJs, IMO. 1. the very social charismatic type (Fe) 2. The very cerebral, analytical type (Ni) but Fe still wins out in the end. 3. a mixture of 1 and 2.

I am more type 2.
    Oh, I can shut my mouth very well during class. Actually, during an entire day as well. I like listening to other people, only speaking to get to know something from them, getting to know them.

I do know how to rally people for a common cause, though. That's when the E kicks in.

One of the biggest differences I find is my constant need to be surrounded by people compared to an INFJ I know.

If I'm alone I get:

1. Bored
    2. Tired
    3. Worrisome
    4. Apathetic

It's just physically and mentally taxing to be by myself for an extended period of time. I need the constant refueling by the people around me.
    When I'm alone too long, I go into daydream mode interacting with other people in situations in the past or in the future. Usually it has negative outcomes.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

e2s care about helping people to the point of ignoring their own needs. it's not specifically an enfj thing. many enfjs are very aggressive (3s), or self-focused (4s). there are probably some other variations too, 9s maybe? 1s?

enfjs who are 4s would need more time than other enfj types bc they would be more focused on their own interior and the inner workings of their own self-identity and subjective experiences. 2s and 3s would be more focused externally on the environment.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    I like listening to other people, only speaking to get to know something from them, getting to know them..
    I can relate to this also. I'll mostly talk to expand upon/ to get clarity on an idea (or a piece of information) to further my understanding or if no one else is really interacting w/ the teacher. Another thing to note is that ENFJs may talk a lot but it's usually not about anything personal (unless they are in bad place in their life or are w/ their confidant). For example, most people don't know squat about my family. lol

MBTI
    INFJ

I can relate to this also. I'll mostly talk to expand upon/ to get clarity on an idea (or a piece of information) to further my understanding or if no one else is really interacting w/ the teacher. Another thing to note is that ENFJs may talk a lot but it's usually not about anything personal (unless they are in bad place in their life or are w/ their confidant). For example, most people don't know squat about my family. lol
    I have an ENFP friend (Maybe ESFP) with whom I dance salsa, and we often go for a wine/beer afterwards. She talks and talks and talks about her problems or life (she's a tad hypochondriac so that makes nice stories ) and I just listen. And I ask questions to move her story forward. I love it.

Usually she will end her story after half an hour with: 'So yeah, um, how about you?' Then I just give a non descript answer about myself, ask another question, rinse and repeat the above. Definitely complementing each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Many ENFJs think that they are introverts but most of the people around them go, "huh, what drugs are you on? You're rather deluded."
    Several ENFJs I know are like that. In fact, I probably only know 2 who'd cop to be outgoing. The rest seem so enamored with introversion that they deny how inherently social they are. One tests INFP, and I'm convinced that it's because he just likes the way INFPs sound. From my perspective, these people are total Fe-dom and needs tons of interaction with people or they do the whole ENFJ brooding bit.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe