User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    WATCH MORE NOVA AND PBS FUGGAZ
    I'm still LOLing that you used PBS and FUGGAZ in the same sentence.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

As long as noz didn't mean phosphate buffered saline (PBS) it's all good.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    To be honest, externally, in a social setting, I don't know that the differences between INFJ and ENFJ would be terribly apparent. Both would be relying on Fe. I have known INFJ's who can be much more talkative and babbly than ENFJ's in the same setting, and of course the reverse could be true too. I don't think you can use talkativeness (or lack of) as an indicator.

I could tentatively say that ENFJ's, as most extroverts, would be more prone to talk or blurt something out before thinking it through, whereas introverts by definition tend to ponder before speaking - there's that delay. But I don't even know how useful this would be, either, because a more mature ENFJ may have learned this as well.
    So true! I prefer hanging out with my extrovert friends where I get to be my true self -- an INFJ, or I at least like to have an extrovert in the bunch amidst a group of pals, because oftentimes if it's just myself and other introverts I move straight into ENFJ mode temporarily and start talking a freaking mile a minute. I become super-outgoing and life-of-the-party-ish, but the whole time I'm feeling like I'm racing down a rollercoaster and can't stop. I really value that INFJ trait of thinking something over before I speak (because I dunno about you other INFJs but there are some really crazy, inappropriate things that float into my head on a regular basis that are not meant for public consumption!). But when I'm on an ENFJ streak that think-before-you-speak ability totally goes out the window and I end up putting my foot in my mouth a lot.

There are moments when I'm around people that I've known a long time / am very comfortable with (as well as when I'm drunk), that I can slip into ENFJ mode and yet really enjoy myself and not feel like I'm about to derail.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    ENFJ's = bigger smiles and larger repitoire of facial expression. Also, we talk with our hands and our behavior is generally the one that all public speakers try to emulate when they give speeches.
    I talk with my hands A LOT. And I'm a confident and animated public speaker. Maybe I'm a closet ENFJ.

Seriously though, I often do feel like there's an ENFJ inside of me dying to get out. I have a strong drive to connect connect connect with others. But then after a couple hours of connecting, I just feel so damn TIRED and suddenly have a strong urge to be at home with a cat in my lap. lol

MBTI
    GONE

*Note*

Threads on same topic merged.

Have a good day!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

One difference Ive noticed (and, admittedly, I dont know that many ENFJs) is that INFJ are just much less likely to get involved in other peoples lives unless asked to do so. An ENFJ might be out to save you against your own will, but this concept is truly foreign to an INFJ.

I mean, I and other INFJ's I know will happily help you to get out of a deep hole if you are miserable there and crying out for help. But we are not going to convince you to get help if you are singing happily in the darkness and convinced that your old hole is actually a piece of paradise. The person standing nearby, shouting down that you have to get real and throwing a rope you dont want is most likely an ENFJ, not an INFJ.

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspring View Post
    One difference Ive noticed (and, admittedly, I dont know that many ENFJs) is that INFJ are just much less likely to get involved in other peoples lives unless asked to do so. An ENFJ might be out to save you against your own will, but this concept is truly foreign to an INFJ.

I mean, I and other INFJ's I know will happily help you to get out of a deep hole if you are miserable there and crying out for help. But we are not going to convince you to get help if you are singing happily in the darkness and convinced that your old hole is actually a piece of paradise. The person standing nearby, shouting down that you have to get real and throwing a rope you dont want is most likely an ENFJ, not an INFJ.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

Glycerine

Also, I think the stares are different. I think ENFJ stares are more intense and overpowering. I had an ENFJ teacher and we had intense staredowns to the point of unnerving. He would stare at people (as a way to connect with them) and then call their name to give him an answer. The INFJs that I know don't seem to have quite as bad of staring problem. INFJ stares seem a bit more muted, whimsical while ENFJ stares are more energized, passionate.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    well, since INFJ's have Ti higher..... they will be more sane and level-headed, IN THEORY!

You know, since Ti is everything. WATCH MORE NOVA AND PBS FUGGAZ
    Yeah, Ti is so totally superior. INTPs and ISTPs are the master race. Far superior to the rest of us lowly beings.
    Evolution at its finest. That's why the rest of us are dying out so quickly. I don't know why the master race keeps mixing w/ all the other types.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Also, I think the stares are different. I think ENFJ stares are more intense and overpowering. I had an ENFJ teacher and we had intense staredowns to the point of unnerving. He would stare at people (as a way to connect with them) and then call their name to give him an answer. The INFJs that I know don't seem to have quite as bad of staring problem. INFJ stares seem a bit more muted, whimsical while ENFJ stares are more energized, passionate.
    Maybe, but not everyone seems to think the ENFJ stare is unnerving. In fact, most ppl think ENFJs are hitting on them. :rolli: