User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    well that pretty much sums up my problems.
    do you know your enneagram type?

it's easy to be difficult on ourselves for withdrawing, but finding a center/re-centering is difficult. sometimes Fe picks up a lotta noise and needs to let it all pass.

i've found there are definite strategies that can help supplement the occasional withdrawal feeling when you slide too far into your own private world and miss interaction, connection, inspiration, etc. i always turned to renewable resources like music, but in the last year or so i've always found myself in a situation where i have far more N types around me, which helps me feel far more recognized, appreciated, understood. it's just more fun and far less effort trying to MAKE others understand.

at the same time, i still need my processing time. i need to get some concentrated introversion time to allow Ti to wander and work on my various lingering Ni perceptions and perform some clean up, re-arranging, accounting, etc.

feeling loved and feeling loving make it so much easier to open up, absorb more, and feel expansive and all-encompassing.

if i'm having BIG thoughts, i'll let myself take my time to explore them and suss out all their implications. as a 5, sometimes it gets a little counterphobic and i can needlessly go to the worst of places and stay there for a little bit too long, but it is part of what i feel like i have to offer as well. coming out of that stronger than before in this like new incarnation of yourself, it makes me feel like writing my own version of the gay science or twilight of the idols or any other nietzschean triumph. self-renewal and self-mastery feels different than anything else. and then grey-bearded you want come back down from the mountain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    INFJ = Jesus

ENFJ = the Devil

Voila.
    Na. Lucifer's such an ENTJ. Haven't you seen how well he convinces people in the bible, tv shows, etc., with his twisted logic? ENTJs make the best cult leaders and Lucie's the first one.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well, I am sure there are variations with ENFJs. I know one guy who is an ENFJ and he is charming, but fairly quiet. He is definitely an extrovert, but he is also quiet and analytical.
    Oh god, do you know me, and think I'm a guy?
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    One of the biggest differences I find is my constant need to be surrounded by people compared to an INFJ I know.

If I'm alone I get:

1. Bored
    2. Tired
    3. Worrisome
    4. Apathetic

It's just physically and mentally taxing to be by myself for an extended period of time. I need the constant refueling by the people around me.
    You read my mind, evil mind reader.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Snoopy Vulture ENFJs, ftw!!
    I'm becoming more and more sure of my type every post on this thread.

People revolve around me but if I stare they scatter.

And if I pull out my glare? They run! Literally!

Glycerine

Hah, that sounds familiar.

I was not aware there were cerebral ENFJs?

In school teachers always noted my enthusiasm in class. That was actually my strongest point in school. I was always trying to shape discussions in class.

I am still not sure which type I am. I vacillate between both. Right now I am in a decidedly INFJ, but the more I isolate myself the more unhappy I become. It's like I'm purposely causing my own ruin. Do NFJs like to shoot themselves in the foot?
    It's ok. Just go w/ whatever type feels right to you and please don't let it dictate how you live your life. Some people seem have fallen into that trap.

For me, ENFJ feels right. I am just a socially anxious one w/ E 9w1 SP/SO.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Well I know one thing. I am definitely Enfj cause I don't shut up unless I'm upset. And then if I'm real upset I can't shut up.

Do INFJs have the trouble with explaining things in such detail that they go off in tangents? I hardly ever have the satisfaction that I have thoroughly expressed something, but I have to "cap" what I say to make sure I'm not rambling on. My "explanations" remind me of a research paper. Everything in detail repeated from different angles. It can drive people nuts when they just want to know something simple.

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Well I know one thing. I am definitely Enfj cause I don't shut up unless I'm upset. And then if I'm real upset I can't shut up.

Do INFJs have the trouble with explaining things in such detail that they go off in tangents? I hardly ever have the satisfaction that I have thoroughly expressed something, but I have to "cap" what I say to make sure I'm not rambling on. My "explanations" remind me of a research paper. Everything in detail repeated from different angles. It can drive people nuts when they just want to know something simple.
    I do this... all the time. When I am with someone we will talk non stop. A lot of the time I think I do more or always equal talking if it is an extrovert and more talking than an introvert. The rambling thing is another thing. I tend to get one a subject and let one thing lead to another (..and another...connections and what not) and bring it all back to the one point (or try) I was trying to describe... or it just veers off course and stays there.

It's not so much as MBTI I am interested in, but whether I am introverted or extroverted and I really cannot figure it out. I get very bad when I'm isolated for a long time...but I let it happen to me. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm in a somewhat depressed state right now and I just can't see anyone. If I were in an amazing mood I would become extremely restless. Over the summer I was quite happy and I was out every night, not feeling drained...in fact, let down if there wasn't something going on.

It just seems that people make ENFJs out to not be that analytical, especially about their beliefs...but I really am, I am always learning or thinking about something...but when I get in a mood like I inevitably end up shutting people out...I think it is because they don't want to talk about/have zero interest in what I'm thinking about. If I were with like minded people I would share my thoughts the whole way.

Glycerine

Nyx, you seem like an ENFJ from what you wrote... I relate pretty much to everything you wrote. I sense that since ENFJs are are Fe-doms, some people automatically assume that we are irrational beings. However, ENFJs most likely just keep the analytical side to themselves since it seems to be made up of introverted processes (Ni and Ti) and many of them seem fairly guarded w/ their internal world. Hence, the world mostly just gets to see the bubbly and *seemingly* shallow world of FeSe. From what I noticed of other ENFJs, they may talk A LOT but they don't tend to delve much into anything personal unless you're close to them or they really like you.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

It's not so much as MBTI I am interested in, but whether I am introverted or extroverted and I really cannot figure it out. I get very bad when I'm isolated for a long time...but I let it happen to me. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm in a somewhat depressed state right now and I just can't see anyone. If I were in an amazing mood I would become extremely restless. Over the summer I was quite happy and I was out every night, not feeling drained...in fact, let down if there wasn't something going on.

It just seems that people make ENFJs out to not be that analytical, especially about their beliefs...but I really am, I am always learning or thinking about something...but when I get in a mood like I inevitably end up shutting people out...I think it is because they don't want to talk about/have zero interest in what I'm thinking about. If I were with like minded people I would share my thoughts the whole way.
    You sound very ENFJ. I know what you mean by "letting" it happen to you. I do not feel good being alone but when I am extremely upset I have to run away from everyone because I can't focus on certain things (sometimes I can't stand small talk or humor when I'm going through something terrible, I can't talk about random things others want to talk about when I am really in deep with something). I am usually very quiet when I'm upset about something I can't fix. I will try to sit back & think of solutions by myself. I never want to be alone when I am content & feeling really positive emotions (though I can enjoy being alone every now & then when I get to get stuff done that I've been wanting to do for a while).