User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Several ENFJs I know are like that. In fact, I probably only know 2 who'd cop to be outgoing. The rest seem so enamored with introversion that they deny how inherently social they are. One tests INFP, and I'm convinced that it's because he just likes the way INFPs sound. From my perspective, these people are total Fe-dom and needs tons of interaction with people or they do the whole ENFJ brooding bit.
    I don't consider myself outgoing but people IRL say that I am and I consistently test as INFP. LOL

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    Just that you feel that you have a rational viewpoint, doesn't automatically mean you make sense to anyone.
    *Re-read post #82
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ

You're so cute when you're stuck, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Many ENFJs think that they are introverts but most of the people around them go, "huh, what drugs are you on? You're rather deluded." I don't really have the greatest social skills (that's why I thought I was INFJ) but I always have to be saying something... I can't keep quiet for an entire class period (50 minutes). Some idea always comes to mind relating to what another person is saying. That was the final deciding factor.

However, there are different types of ENFJs, IMO. 1. the very social charismatic type (Fe) 2. The very cerebral, analytical type (Ni) but Fe still wins out in the end. 3. a mixture of 1 and 2.

I am more type 2.
    Hah, that sounds familiar.

I was not aware there were cerebral ENFJs?

In school teachers always noted my enthusiasm in class. That was actually my strongest point in school. I was always trying to shape discussions in class.

I am still not sure which type I am. I vacillate between both. Right now I am in a decidedly INFJ, but the more I isolate myself the more unhappy I become. It's like I'm purposely causing my own ruin. Do NFJs like to shoot themselves in the foot?

I'm an INFJ and one of my very close friends is an ENFJ, and there is a BIG noticeable difference. While we both are friendly and can appear outgoing (people think I'm an extrovert - but I'm so not), we both will talk with our hands and with enthusiasm... but she is like WAYYYY off the spectrum in those areas compared to me.

Also, she is a 100% noticeable performing type. She loves being the center of attention. I.E., I used her as an interviewee when I was filming a news package for school. As I was setting up the camera and my group members (who she had never met before) were getting equipment ready, she is playfully dancing in front of the camera, striking poses, singing, etc. LOL

She's a hairstylist, and totally loves being able to listen to people and "coach" them (similar to how someone else said the ENFJs he met were life coaches). She is excellent at that. She gets depressed if she has too much alone time and is ALWAYS on the go.
    I get depressed/stressed when I have to DO too many THINGS or go to too many functions. Afterwards, I curl up into my shell and hang out with no one :p.

She is focused on people, people, people, people, people.
    I enjoy ideas, reading, thinking-type things (not that I don't enjoy people, but I don't seek it out nearly as much, I enjoy time to myself thinking, writing, reading, etc.).
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by weakshadeofblue View Post
    I'm an INFJ and one of my very close friends is an ENFJ, and there is a BIG noticeable difference. While we both are friendly and can appear outgoing (people think I'm an extrovert - but I'm so not), we both will talk with our hands and with enthusiasm... but she is like WAYYYY off the spectrum in those areas compared to me.

Also, she is a 100% noticeable performing type. She loves being the center of attention. I.E., I used her as an interviewee when I was filming a news package for school. As I was setting up the camera and my group members (who she had never met before) were getting equipment ready, she is playfully dancing in front of the camera, striking poses, singing, etc. LOL

She's a hairstylist, and totally loves being able to listen to people and "coach" them (similar to how someone else said the ENFJs he met were life coaches). She is excellent at that. She gets depressed if she has too much alone time and is ALWAYS on the go.
    I get depressed/stressed when I have to DO too many THINGS or go to too many functions. Afterwards, I curl up into my shell and hang out with no one :p.

She is focused on people, people, people, people, people.
    I enjoy ideas, reading, thinking-type things (not that I don't enjoy people, but I don't seek it out nearly as much, I enjoy time to myself thinking, writing, reading, etc.).
    Well, I am sure there are variations with ENFJs. I know one guy who is an ENFJ and he is charming, but fairly quiet. He is definitely an extrovert, but he is also quiet and analytical.

True. My friend scored like, 2000% in the 'E' category, lol. I'm sure people who score a smaller percentage are quieter. Not all E's are loud and crazy, just like not all I's are shy and asocial :-p.

My friend is just a good example of what stark differences there can be (and still many similarities).
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    In school teachers always noted my enthusiasm in class. That was actually my strongest point in school. I was always trying to shape discussions in class.

I am still not sure which type I am. I vacillate between both. Right now I am in a decidedly INFJ, but the more I isolate myself the more unhappy I become. It's like I'm purposely causing my own ruin. Do NFJs like to shoot themselves in the foot?
    enfj is in-charge and infj is chart-the-course. they both want to direct discussion and activity, enfj will be more aggressive tho.

infjs often counterproductively withdraw. especially 4s and 5s. i have done it to my own detriment most my life.

enfjs withdraw and immediately recognize how awful and destructive it is bc they are so far out of touch with their own Ji needs. Ti is their inferior function, they don't know how to get back on track and figure themselves out very well. they have spent all their time figuring out how to nudge others. various types are better or worse, 4s struggle the most, 2w1 is pretty exhausting too bc enough is never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    infjs often counterproductively withdraw. especially 4s and 5s. i have done it to my own detriment most my life.
    well that pretty much sums up my problems.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Several ENFJs I know are like that. In fact, I probably only know 2 who'd cop to be outgoing. The rest seem so enamored with introversion that they deny how inherently social they are. One tests INFP, and I'm convinced that it's because he just likes the way INFPs sound. From my perspective, these people are total Fe-dom and needs tons of interaction with people or they do the whole ENFJ brooding bit.
    That's so funny . And so true.
    I have a friend who I am convinced is not an INFP, but whenever he tests he gets INFP and he claims to really connect with the INFP portrait, which are usually inaccurate. To be honest, he actually has no conception of Ne. He'll listen to me and laugh at all the (sometimes) outlandish things I have to say and my thoughts and ideas, but it's not because he can relate or even understand what I'm talking about. It's mostly just his looking into mind but not relating to any of it.

I'm pretty sure he's IsFP or maybe Fe-dom, but he's not by any means an INFP. He's also emotionally immature, so when he takes the test he takes it as an "angsty teenager," hence he thinks he's different and special and no one understands him (booh hoo hoo), but he's really just projecting the way he sees himself onto the testinstead of how he actually is. I want to scream at him, "Just because you enjoy reading on occasion or have an 'imagination'" (uh who doesn't) "that it makes you an N. But it doesn't!" Annoying .

Anyway. The E/I distinction can be hard to decipher.
    I think introverts have to recharge after being around people for hours. If I have a very stimulating day (running errands, class, working out, grocery store, etc.) it takes me a while to recover. When the fair comes to our town every year and I go to take pictures for my blog, for example, it takes me a day or two to recover from that.
    But this doesn't mean that Es don't need time alone or time to reflect. Es do that, too, but they also enjoy, and sometimes even need, to interact with people. It seems like I spend most of my time explaining to my friends why I can't do something with them or go out with them on a particular day. I have to do one thing on one day and schedule everything else around it. It's really a hassle. I'm not really sure why everyone would want to be plagued with introversion.