User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default infp & estp... does it work?

Any infp have relationship experience with an estp? Naturally, I've tended toward introverted and feeling types. This would be my first leap into the extroverted and thinking realm.

We're so much alike (equally passionate, live for witty conversations, etc.) and yet SO different (I'm morally anal and am non-confrontational. he isn't. enough said).

Normally, I don't think so much about getting into relationships, but this one is just SO different for me. This leap just scares me because of his tendency to "live in the moment." I don't doubt his sincerity NOW, but he tends to jump around when things get boring or too complicated. of which I am both.

Anyway, thanks in advance!
    INFP
    Cancer
    4w5 so

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

No. No no no!

Back away... slowly...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    No. No no no!

Back away... slowly...
    agreed!

i mean, i'm sure it could work, but it would take a lot of work from both of you, and most likely you will put in a lot more into the relationship than he will, and it won't end well.

I dated an ESTP for 8 months. it was good at first, and then we started to drive each other crazy. He was sort of controlling and i put a lot into trying to make the relationship work, and he just didn't.

so please be careful if you try to enter into this relationship.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, given the fact that INFPs are easy to manipulate it would work out quite well for the ESTP. You see, Feeler type Women. It's like this, you gotta be submissive and passive. Now if you're listening to Thinker type women you're thinking as a Feminists which most Thinker type women are. Look at their faces, squarish and arrogant looking. Thinker type women. Be a feely type of women and use your feminine powers to persuade the Aggressive ESTP to your ways. Play stupid or being sly , feely women ways. Masculine Thinker male types like that. I like that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

My older brother is an ESTP, and growing up with him has been any thing but easy. The biggest problems between us are probably his tendency to try and manipulate me, and my need for privacy.
    If you continue with this relationship, watch out for him trying to change your opinion to match his, and him trying to dump some of his responsibilities onto you.
    I also agree with betterthandead -- INFPs are generally passive, while ESTP can be very aggressive. My brother and I don't usually see eye-to-eye on many situations. So if you wish to pursue him, be prepared for a heavy amount of arguing.
    Then again, I'm speaking in terms of fraternal relationship vs. a romantic relationship (a field in which I have no experience.)
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tolzart View Post
    Any infp have relationship experience with an estp? Naturally, I've tended toward introverted and feeling types. This would be my first leap into the extroverted and thinking realm.

We're so much alike (equally passionate, live for witty conversations, etc.) and yet SO different (I'm morally anal and am non-confrontational. he isn't. enough said).

Normally, I don't think so much about getting into relationships, but this one is just SO different for me. This leap just scares me because of his tendency to "live in the moment." I don't doubt his sincerity NOW, but he tends to jump around when things get boring or too complicated. of which I am both.

Anyway, thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    No. No no no!

Back away... slowly...
    tee-hee

Well, you haven't received very favorable responses, have you.
    My sister is an INFP and is happily married to an ISTJ.
    I have seen several of this combination, and it seems to work well.
    INFPs are sometimes attracted to INTPs.
    My sister dated a few INTPs, but it never worked out long-term for her.

I'm an INTJ and when I tell people I'm happily married to an ISTP, they can't believe it.
    In theory, we aren't supposed to get along that great.
    The bottom line is this "type stuff" only goes so far.
    It can't predict the future, but it can help you get along better today.
    Perhaps you will learn many important things from this ESTP (including how to be a little more assertive?) even if you only stay together for a short time.
    Enjoy your friendship while you can.

MBTI
    INTP

Do it. The pain in the ass will be worth it. Looking back you can say, "what the hell was I thinking?" Those are always the best times anyway.

MBTI
    ????

what the does manipulating mean exactly? give me an example..

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

ESTPs are stereotypical conmen and exploit everyone they come in contact with. My father is an ESTP, so I am intimately-familiar with how they work. I have no clue how my mother endures it, except that she's a total pushover.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

An ESTP is the true opposite of the INFP

Se Ti Fe Ni | Te Si Ne Fi -- ESTP
    Fi Ne Si Te | Ni Fe Ti Se -- INFP

It seems like there would be necessary issues.
    God may be defined as the being than which none greater can be concieved.
    I have in my mind the possibility of God.
    -The God exists in the mind and not in reality.
    -But if such a being that exists in the mind and reality is greater than in the mind and not reality.
    -That is a contradiction!
    Therefore, it is not the case that the being exists in the mind and not reality.
    Restated, if the being exists in the mind, then it exists in reality.
    ----------
    God exists in reality.