First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm going to be really confusing and defy all the other posts...

GO for it. You won't know until you try, and if you don't do it, you'll always just be wondering, what if? Just be aware that it might not work out, and that's okay too. You know what you MAY be in for and so just keep that in mind!! Follow your heart.
    Ha! That's the spirit ShortNSweet! Throw caution to the wind; it's the only way to live!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

hmm. that depends. estps at their best can be charming and funny with a touch of prick (James Bond) or total pricks that do whatever they feel like, no matter who they hurt (stereotypical jock). if you have a strong Ne and light hearted sense of humor, you should be fine as long as you are assertive if he does anything hurtful. as long as nothing goes wrong, most SPs can take you on a fun ride if you let them. I'd end the relationship though if you feel uncomfortable or hurt. definitely worth a shot though ;D

I am an INFP and I am with an ESTP. It's been a LONG, HARD relationship. He has manipulated me and I have stuck with him. I do feel it's worth it. I've learned a lot from him and he from me. It works. We argue ALL THE TIME! But, we've realized we're 2 spirited individuals who are very passionate and so arguing is just part of our normal banter. We try really, really hard, but we make it work.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by modiane View Post
    I am an INFP and I am with an ESTP. It's been a LONG, HARD relationship. He has manipulated me and I have stuck with him. I do feel it's worth it. I've learned a lot from him and he from me. It works. We argue ALL THE TIME! But, we've realized we're 2 spirited individuals who are very passionate and so arguing is just part of our normal banter. We try really, really hard, but we make it work.
    Good for you. I personally want an ESTP woman, just to see how it would be. I personally think that this relationship would be VERY different depending on the genders of the types.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    hmm. that depends. estps at their best can be charming and funny with a touch of prick (James Bond) or total pricks that do whatever they feel like, no matter who they hurt (stereotypical jock).
    Haha soooo true! It's interesting how different healthy versus unhealthy ESTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by modiane View Post
    I feel you on that one! I call my ESTP "Master Manipulator" because he's often trying to pull one over on everyone, including me. I find that making a joke out of it is the best way to keep things lighthearted. Most of the time we're able to laugh through our differences, bantering and joking on each other a lot, etc. Sometimes, though, he goes to far and offends me and we end up driving each other up the wall, with me telling him he's a huge asshole, and him telling me I'm taking his jokes too personally.

I can imagine how the ESTP + INFP dynamic is more challenging because I think in general INFPs put up with less crap than INFJs do. My ESTP partner and one of my close INFP friends used to fight like cats and dogs. If I sense there's no malice, I tend to let minor offenses slide for the sake of harmony. My INFP friends who I've observed seem more likely to take a stand and call out the other person if they feel offended. Maybe that's just my experience though.

In the end, I agree with the sentiments posted earlier on this thread that two healthy people of any type have a shot at making things work, and MBTI is not a reason to shoot down a possible romantic partner.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    If you like the person, try it.

Forget about type.

People need to stop using MBTI as some predictive measure of overall subjective compatibility. It's just ridiculous.
    amen.

MBTI
    INFP

Unhappy OMG

omg I'm a INFP female dating a ESTP for almost a year now. at first everything was okay, and now im not so sure...he is very controlling, abusive, insensitive, impatient and angry. I love him very much and i dont know what to do. It's almost impossible to get compliments out of him, all he does is criticizing my body, talking down to me and comparing me to other women, he's so polite to others but so rude to me, most people would say ohh break up with him blahblahblah but as an INFP myself, breaking up is the worst thing for me...trust me on that...bah this is frustrating...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In Socionics INFp and ESTp are "duals" which may suggest it might be a good match.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gamergirl View Post
    omg I'm a INFP female dating a ESTP for almost a year now. at first everything was okay, and now im not so sure...he is very controlling, abusive, insensitive, impatient and angry. I love him very much and i dont know what to do. It's almost impossible to get compliments out of him, all he does is criticizing my body, talking down to me and comparing me to other women, he's so polite to others but so rude to me, most people would say ohh break up with him blahblahblah but as an INFP myself, breaking up is the worst thing for me...trust me on that...bah this is frustrating...
    Wow that is messed up. You know, any type can be abusive, not just ESTP.
    You should get yourself out of that relationship, but if you want him to stay, I guess that's your decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    In Socionics INFp and ESTp are "duals" which may suggest it might be a good match.

Yeah...but I don't know how much faith I have in it now after reading this thread. Then again they do say that you have to find the "right" estp who shares similar interest and goals. Although that seems like a cop-out because that could be said for any type as far as I'm concerned.