First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Hypothetical? All these "can x type and y type work" threads are about implementation...

If we're talking about averages, that's one thing. But when we're taking specific people and generalizing them into types, we lose tons of data. If you're talking about two people, talk about the two people, not some archetypes that approximate them.
    I understand and am willing to comply. What else should I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Huh?
    What is that?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

On a friendship level, most definitely yes.

The only problem is that I tend to be wary around them, and they in turn don't necessarily notice the quiet INFP. But the times it has worked, it has worked great!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    On a friendship level, most definitely yes.

The only problem is that I tend to be wary around them, and they in turn don't necessarily notice the quiet INFP. But the times it has worked, it has worked great!
    Have you noticed how they eat metaphors up like a kid alone with a bag of marshmallows?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I hadn't noticed... but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. I'll have to look for that in the future.

I will say that even though they tend to do 90% of the talking, they tend to be very interested in the 10% I contribute to the conversation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If you already know that a person is of said type, try to remember their writing with writings that you know belong to ESTPs. Those uneducated ones, from what I've read, tend to mix up comma and semi-colon functions when they don't want to end an incomplete thought with a period.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

ESTP's would be least compatible with me, and I can't ever see myself with one...ever!

But it's nothing against ESTP's- I'm sure they wouldn't want me either..

But that's all general- individuals are more important than types- so don't judge it by types.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    ESTPs are stereotypical conmen and exploit everyone they come in contact with. My father is an ESTP, so I am intimately-familiar with how they work. I have no clue how my mother endures it, except that she's a total pushover.
    I call bullshit on this statement. I am ESTP, off the scales in all scores, and I am anything but a con man. Could I con someone if I wanted to? Probably, but I have never chosen to. I, like many other ESTPs, are social, good natured, and very fond of helping people.

Do you agree with all the stereotypes associated with your MBTI type from all the various sources? If not then you have to give ESTPs, and all other MBTIs the same benefit of the doubt.

MBTI
    NeTi

No. My INFP brother dated a female ESTP (who is now a good friend of mine, consequently) and it was horrendous. He wanted something more from the relationship and she was too independent.

And as for conning people, this ESTP would never do that. She is a childcare provider at a preschool, for crying out loud. Who is she going to con there? Three-year-olds? No, she's very much in-the-moment, very social, very independent, but not a con.
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    And as for conning people, this ESTP would never do that. She is a childcare provider at a preschool, for crying out loud. Who is she going to con there? Three-year-olds? No, she's very much in-the-moment, very social, very independent, but not a con.
    I take it you don't follow politics. Rod Blagojevich, the White House staff...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Any ST and NF pairing sounds like the makings for a reality show! Toss in that P for a little added fun and a loaded gun in a case labeled "in case of emergency break glass and swallow 60 grains of lead"...

STs should stick to their own kind meaning other STs or just wait until robots get a little more life like in appearance...