User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This isn't working... I have decided to terminate my posting career, as communication through the internet is far too difficult for one such as I. I shall be seeking as they say, "greener pastors". Note that I do not believe that typology should be taken for granted, I would sooner trust my intuition, which is not digital apparently...
    4w5=6 RLUEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I think I know who you are. If I'm right, I sent you a kind rep comment at INTPc.

. . . But yes, I relate to a lot of what you've said. And I think you'll find that you get along a lot better here--so don't leave so brashly. One of the things that you have to keep in mind is that INTPc is not . . . Well, let's put it this way--INTPs are not fond of any kind of drama. They're uncomfortable with it because it interferes with their natural habitat, which is the calm, detached Ti. Add to that their inferior function, which is Fe. Fe is very group-oriented, and when it's in a weaker position, as it is in INTPs, it can be quite merciless. It wants to get rid of the foreign element that is disturbing the comfortable group dynamic. At INTPc, that was you, since you did not--truth be told--fit in. Here there are other kinds of people who will probably be able to relate to you, so you should give it a chance.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I realize this and I do not. Basically, I rely too much on my intuition in interaction, I made a bad initial assessment due to this fact. I got too playful on that forum looking for harmony, and those I can relate with. I do not understand calculatory measures taken to the exact behavior such as "INTP therefore", I only suppose that these people can vary due to circumstances and self perception. Furthermore, a culture can be morphed in accordance to administration in extent. My reasoning is that the internet is very tricky when it comes to assessing interaction and interacting appropriately; perhaps interacting on the internet should become a academic course in school. I know I should have studied their habits but I was uncertain of the variation, as well as possible reaction. I also do not know literally how most would have reacted and whether or not people there have a desire for popularity. My period in isolation and lack of experience posting has also hindered me here. I have learned that my anger at sensors has been misplaced; Intellectual elitists are just as bad if not worse for me. I feel like insulting them but I am above that, I cannot even clarify how serious one is through a computer. If it was in person I would have easily brushed it off. Final note, I personally do not feel obliged to thinking of humans as serial numbers.

I might of befriended a few "silent" ones perhaps? I would also like to point out how I "hated" feelers when I was mistyped INTJ. Do I seem too inane and insipid?
    4w5=6 RLUEI

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but for what it's worth ...

I have a lot of hyper-sensitivity and anxiety over what people think about me, and I'm trying to work through it and get past it. I even experience it online.

I had an interesting conversation with an INTP friend yesterday that turned into a bit of an argument. The INTP got annoyed with me and refused to continue talking. (Strike one, I suck.)

Then, I posted here about the argument because I wanted to figure out where I went wrong and what the INTP's thought process might have been, and a few people said that my post was stupid. (Strike two, I still suck.) Most people I know would brush those comments off, but I have to remind myself to brush them off. I was going to leave this forum altogether, but decided to stick around, and I actually found that there are some very patient and helpful people here, and they helped me find the information I was seeking.

Perhaps if you stick around, you'll find some people with whom you connect. Sure, there will always be rude people or people who don't understand you, but if you leave, maybe you'll miss the real gems! (You're right that it's hard to understand people's tone from posts on the Internet, but I think it's something that can be learned, and if you stay and get to know people, you might find that it becomes easier to understand them once you get used to their writing personality.) Already, I find your posts interesting and I would enjoy coming to understand more of your perspective on life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Ectuse View Post
    This isn't working... I have decided to terminate my posting career, as communication through the internet is far too difficult for one such as I. I shall be seeking as they say, "greener pastors". Note that I do not believe that typology should be taken for granted, I would sooner trust my intuition, which is not digital apparently...
    Nuu, don't leave.

I got too playful on that forum looking for harmony, and those I can relate with.
    Well, it's hard to be too silly on this forum. Hence why I like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Then, I posted here about the argument because I wanted to figure out where I went wrong and what the INTP's thought process might have been, and a few people said that my post was stupid.
    Well I didn't think your post was stupid.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post

Well I didn't think your post was stupid.
    I know, and you made my day being one of the first people to take me seriously (and have some fun with the thread, though not at my expense.) Thanks.

(Actually, most people either took me seriously or had innocent fun with the thread. It's just a personal thing that I tend to focus on the slightly negative stuff.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I did not literally mean I was being silly, on the contrary I was quite serious. I read somewhere that INTPs can have a Metaphysical bent, say eccentric, poetic, and philosophical. I sensed hardly anything like that, It was like the borg collective there. To be impolite, I sensed mental disorders in association with the word "INTP" on that forum. Actually, this reminds me of the gythanki (might be spelled wrong) in D&D.
    4w5=6 RLUEI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I did not literally mean I was being silly, on the contrary I was quite serious. I read somewhere that INTPs can have a Metaphysical bent, say eccentric, poetic, and philosophical. I sensed hardly anything like that, It was like the borg collective there.
    Indeed. INTPc sucks the soul out of people.

But rly. Silliness is gud. Yoo shud tri eet.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Resistance is futile ...

(Sorry couldn't resist that) - do stay awhile, there seem to be lots of friendly and interesting folks here.

MBTI
    INFP

I did not literally mean I was being silly, on the contrary I was quite serious. I read somewhere that INTPs can have a Metaphysical bent, say eccentric, poetic, and philosophical. I sensed hardly anything like that, It was like the borg collective there.
    Oh, the INTP's I know in person are definitely eccentric, poetic, and philosophical. I wonder if it's a bit different relating to people on the Internet as opposed to real life interactions. I've also noticed that at least two of my INTP friends are not poetic and philosophical in groups of people, but they are in one on one conversations. I don't know if this applies to many INTP's or if it's more of an individual thing.

The INTP's I know in real life are also very sarcastic and can make cutting remarks, but when they do it in person it's easier to get the sense of "joking" and unimportance attached to these remarks. On the Internet, those same types of remarks can feel unusually cruel to me. An INTP friend of mine has conversations with me via instant messenger, and I'm often astounded at how rude he is. If I talk to him on skype, however, and I can see his facial expressions, I realize it's just his way of being goofy and he means no harm. If I remind myself to take what he says with a grain of salt, it helps.