User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INxP

I guess I must be a strong NF when it comes to the stuffed animals. I have at least 35-50 put away in storage and I keep about 7 out all the time. 1 of them is a crazy firefly alien looking thing I named Nimbus that my bf got me when we had just started dating, 1 is a longtime friend named Elli who is a red elephant with white hearts all over her and a pocket which has my named embroidered on it (this was a gift from my grandpa when I was a newborn), 1 is a new elephant named Elle who is just gray and soft as ever (was given to me by my mother when my grandpa passed away this past year), 1 is a quite large white beluga whale named Bing who was given to me by my ex, and the last 3 are a set of Tare pandas purchased in my adult life and used as decoration in my living room.

I think one reason I'm so obsessed with them is giving them great names that are nonsense.

For anyone who enjoyed The Velveteen Rabbit as a child there is a book I just read at the beg. of this year called The Velveteen Principals: A guide to Becoming Real. It ties in quotes and monologues from the children's book and explains how to basically feel ok in your own shoes. I <3 it!
    He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye. -- Buddha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought stuffed animals were cool when i was a kid. The thought never occurred to me to use them for comfort. (yeah yeah, I know...that's why this is in the NF section and not the NT section) I just thought that mine were either cute or neat. For example, I had this stuffed green snake from the Smithsonian that was several feet long. It was so awesome, I almost wish I still had it. Though I'm somewhat creeped out by adults that still have stuffed animals.

MBTI
    XNXP

I had a stuffed duck, which I pretended had a Popeye-like ability to become rejuvenated. Except instead of it being spinach that rejuvenated him, it was a "juice" that I called.... "strong stuff" in a moment of creative inspiration. This juice was available from any of my four bedposts....provided he could get to said posts. MuaHaha. There was, after all, the stuffed monkey to deal with, who usually got stuck with the villain roles. Then there were the duck's "helpers", of which there were two, one being a stuffed sock puppet. And various adventures that might use up the strength reserves. His duck's "bill" got messed up and had to be repaired, because I would use it instead of his abbreviated flipper-wings to "sock" the bad guys, who might be one of the "helpers" playing in a dual role.

I just met a young lady at an art show who custom designs stuffed "monster" toys. She has a Cthulhu "puppet" which is kind of like a glove where the tentacles are operated by your fingers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Have you seen the stuffed germs? They're pretty cute. http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Here's my best friend J being attacked by a giant microbe plush toy:

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Just for fun, what do stuffed animals mean to you? Do you still keep them around?

I still keep some of my old toys around... they bring back the fond memories of childhood. I used to give each one of them a name and a personality, almost like symbolic interactions.
    I used to have a toy stuffed dog that I used to play with all the time. I used to stick knitting needles through his paws and pretend they were swords. I also used to tie sections of my old hot-wheels race tracks to his arms and pretend he could fly.

He was gray with a white muzzle and white belly and last I recalled lived in a plastic bag squirreled away in a box by my mother to try and protect him from the elements after we moved to the states.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Have you seen the stuffed germs? They're pretty cute. http://www.giantmicrobes.com/
    Those little things are great! Our Microbiology Society on campus sells those things.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Just for fun, what do stuffed animals mean to you? Do you still keep them around?
    I never liked stuffed animals.

I still keep some of my old toys around... they bring back the fond memories of childhood. I used to give each one of them a name and a personality, almost like symbolic interactions.
    I got few toys, but I enjoyed them while they lasted. I gave what was left when I turned 11 (?) My dad used to give me books. I kept the fairy tale ones as long as I could. Unfortunately, we lived in a small apartment. We didnt' have space to keep things we didn't use anymore.

MBTI
    infp

I am going to make a stuffed animal and name it princessockhead because that is the best username I have ever read. I am going to make it out of a Princess sock.