User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I would agree with this. I have had others describe me as 'poised' and always well put together (even when casual) and I'd say the same of my INFJ friends. I don't know that it's the clothes so much as the way we carry and present ourselves to others. 'Sophisticated' is probably an accurate word, although it could easily be misinterpreted by others as stand-offish/goody-two-shoes (well, sometimes that might be the case! ) or snobby.
    Most people don't understand the concept of elegance or sophistication outside of billionaire parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Hmm... I almost never wear black. I like instead strong, clear colours like blues or reds.
    I think that's why black is fairly popular. It's probably the easiest color to pull off, it's always clear, and it matches with everything. Not to mention it's low key and doesn't get too much attention.

The INFJ I know wears a lot of earthy colors. Kinda 40s retro colors.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've heard so many times, "Why do you always wear black?" I don't think I wear much black. It seems people see it twice and think it's too much already.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Hmm... I almost never wear black. I like instead strong, clear colours like blues or reds.
    I like strong clear colours too. Blue is my absolute fave. The kind of dark blue you almost mistake for black .

How about prints and patterns?

I'm not too keen on floral print. Not on clothes nor in interior textiles.
    I also don't like to wear T-shirts with pictures or prints on them. Clear color is the best.

I can say about myself that I'm more of a comfort seeker when it comes to clothing. As long as it's comfortable and looks good in my mind, I don't care what others think about it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So you people really think INFJs dress a certain way, or have certain physical traits? Or are you just having fun in here.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So you people really think INFJs dress a certain way, or have certain physical traits? Or are you just having fun in here.
    weird hair cuts too.

no we are not being funny.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know some INFJs, they all dress differently and have different physical qualities.

INFJ one (male)-
    Medium height (5'7)
    Skinny
    Brown Hair
    Dresses like a skater, has a skater haircut (it's not "weird")
    Has a large jawbone (which is pretty random)

INFJ two (female)-
    Way too short (4'9)
    Overweight to where she is unattractive
    Dirty Blonde hair, fairly short (enough to put into a ponytail)
    Dresses in "goth" stuff
    Has a normal ponytail (as in, not "weird)

INFJ three (female)-
    Average height (5'6)
    Average looking body (not too skinny, not too fat)
    Black Hair halfway down her back
    Has a normal haircut, usually in a ponytail
    Dresses in random things, she does her shopping at Wal-Mart and at thrift stores

INFJ four (female)-
    Pretty short (5'3 about)
    Very skinny, looks anorexic (and may be)
    Light brown hair halfway down her back
    Usually doesn't put her hair up
    Dresses like a typical high school prep

INFJ five (female)-
    Average height (looks to be 5'6)
    Average body size (not too fat, not too skinny)
    Brown hair that goes all the way down her back
    Doesn't usually put it up
    Dresses with clothes from thrift stores, Wal-Mart

I see absolutely no recurring physical qualities. These people also vary in how attractive they are, what their mannerisms are, and basically everything. I know 2 of these people from the internet. The only similarities I see within them are that they are all INFJs.

The only trait I notice about Ni people is that they seem to have a deep look in their eyes, and that's about it.

EDIT: By mannerisms and "everything" I meant in a physical way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Blackcat - I totally agree with you that clothing, hair, and physical characteristics are silly ways to type people and know whether someone is one type or another. I think people just started talking about clothing, and others piped in...but don't think we're saying all INFJ's wear black or something silly like that (at least I'm not). I know I don't!

Mannerisms, and how one presents oneself to the world - that's something I think can be more consistent within a type. But again, it would be a pretty poor way to definitively type someone.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Mannerisms, and how one presents oneself to the world - that's something I think can be more consistent within a type. But again, it would be a pretty poor way to definitively type someone.
    This does seem like it would be more consistent with type, since this comes from within, and is not a physical thing. But you can never be too sure. A lot of people I know of the same type are similar in ways (mentally), but totally different in others.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This does seem like it would be more consistent with type, since this comes from within, and is not a physical thing. But you can never be too sure. A lot of people I know of the same type are similar in ways (mentally), but totally different in others.
    I was talking with my good INFJ friend yesterday, who's also pretty into mbti, and she and I agree that INFJ's are tricky anyway - we are able to blend pretty well into many different situations and therefore might have many different 'faces' to the world.

Now I know there's a lot of variability within every type out there, but I sometimes wonder whether the INFJ's have the most variability - at least in their extroversion and how they interact with people. Including myself, I know 5 INFJ's in real life, and after getting to know them well, mentally/emotionally, it's obvious we're the same type. But if you'd put the 5 of us in a room, or at a party, I'm equally certain outsiders wouldn't put all of us into the same type. One's super talkative and I guarantee people would say she was an extrovert, one comes across much colder and more distant (although she's far from both) although she is still very eloquent, I'm much quieter, etc. I mean, I don't want to say there aren't shared traits/mannerisms, because I think there are - but it's more subtle and the casual observer/typer could easily make a mistake if they went off of pure external behaviors. But I suppose the same could be said of typing in general - not just with INFJ's.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Very easy to spot an INFJ, see below: