User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: ENFP Pet Peeves

  1. #11
    Senior Member seeker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post

    When people expect you to carry a whole conversation.
    Oh!!! Good one!! This drives me crazy! I am not here to entertain... The EXCHANGE/INTERACTION is what makes it fun!

    These people I think of as conversational "takers" because they do not CONTRIBUTE to the conversation!

    Just say no to MONOLOGUES!

    We are not toys that you just wind up and watch go...

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Oh!!! Good one!! This drives me crazy! I am not here to entertain... The EXCHANGE/INTERACTION is what makes it fun!

    These people I think of as conversational "takers" because they do not CONTRIBUTE to the conversation!

    Just say no to MONOLOGUES!

    We are not toys that you just wind up and watch go...
    Interesting. I have trouble getting ENFPs in my life to shut up and share the spotlight.

  3. #13
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    One of my personal pet-peeves is when I state my opinion and people take it personally, like I really meant to intend to make a point torwards them? I think as an ENFP, most of my intentions are pretty pure, so should someone try to call me out on something they're pissed off about bc of what I said, I don't really mean it to them, personally?

    Another one is the feeling of confinement.

    A 3rd one, oddly? When people follow me, or don't seem to have their own thoughts or opinions, and would rather identify it through someone else? Sometimes, I think it's a cover-up.. maybe they 'pretend' to, and that 'pretending' really is one of my pet-peeves- bc I'd rather have things said straight then and there. Please, let's cut to the chase so we can have fun, dammit!

  4. #14
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Aw, I'm disappointed. I thought this topic was going to be pet peeves ABOUT ENFPs.


    By the way, I'm kidding. (Well... kinda...)
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

  5. #15
    Senior Member seeker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Interesting. I have trouble getting ENFPs in my life to shut up and share the spotlight.
    Ha ha! I actually enjoy a balance of talk/listen...

  6. #16
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i hate constant nagging!! my god do i hate the nagging!

    i don't like too much negativity and bitching about this or that...traffic...everybody sucks...they're all so stupid....whatever...shut the hell up...you're bringin me down into your lil wretched place...leave me be.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #17
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i hate constant nagging!! my god do i hate the nagging!

    i don't like too much negativity and bitching about this or that...traffic...everybody sucks...they're all so stupid....whatever...shut the hell up...you're bringin me down into your lil wretched place...leave me be.
    I agree.

    Complaints and no wish to do anything about it... That almost makes me want to jump out of the conversation. I usually offer simple practical ways to do something about it but... No. Of course not. Complain is what people around me like to do. Argh!

    Oh well ;P


    Now, since you are all familiar with the scene of MBTI (of which I do not trust the least any more.). A certain "INTP" in my surrounding tends to not speak much at all, so monologues tend to be the way of communication. Whenever she does speak I am quiet as a mouse. Love her voice. :3
    Never had a relationship like this before. I can say whatever is on my head without getting weird looks and .. wow. (yes, lovesick. Have to write a row in eeeevery post. Because I can. :P MOHAHAHAHA)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  8. #18
    Senior Member alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    504

    Default

    -Being called a flake (Gotten better as I've gotten older)
    -People falling in love too easily (I find myself not able to back them down because it takes stern language and I am just not capable of that unless someone is being a jerk)
    -Being told I am too touchy-feely
    -Flirting, or what some consider flirting (I think I'm being nice but others don't view it that way)
    -Unfairness or perceived unfairness. Can't STAND that - nothing sets me off faster
    -Being walked on. You know they are doing it but you really think that at the core most people are good and they don't realize that they are doing it so you go along with it. You know, giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I also am a Trust until I'm given a reason not to versus a Trust when you've earned it type and my ability to forgive almost anything doesn't help AT ALL.
    -Being called naive for giving a homeless person money. Yeah - I know some are fakers, but what if that 5.00 bought someone that really needed it a meal? Those nice deeds stick out in my mind. Maybe the act itself assists in turning someone's life around or betters it some. I know its small but I am very grateful for any kindness shown me, and I like to think others are similar.

    89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

  9. #19
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    One of my personal pet-peeves is when I state my opinion and people take it personally, like I really meant to intend to make a point torwards them? I think as an ENFP, most of my intentions are pretty pure, so should someone try to call me out on something they're pissed off about bc of what I said, I don't really mean it to them, personally?

    Another one is the feeling of confinement.

    A 3rd one, oddly? When people follow me, or don't seem to have their own thoughts or opinions, and would rather identify it through someone else? Sometimes, I think it's a cover-up.. maybe they 'pretend' to, and that 'pretending' really is one of my pet-peeves- bc I'd rather have things said straight then and there. Please, let's cut to the chase so we can have fun, dammit!
    Very good points. As I said earlier, people throw their opinions at me like I'm expected to take them without bias.. but the instant I don't agree with them, or state my own objective opinion.. people feel like i'm incapable of not being personal about anything. I'm not this squishy sensitive prick. I can be objective, and make a harsh statement without intending to be insulting.. people make assumptions on my sometimes Fish way of being.

    I also dislike confinement feelings, especially in relationships. People who need more attention than I do shouldn't be with me.

    And YES YES YES. I'm all for backing your friends up, and saying what you mean to say.. but honestly, agreeing with me just because I'm saying it isn't cool. I also can't stand it if I think I'm truly right about something, which isn't too often I don't think, and I get ganged up on just because everyone is trying to back up their friends. If it gets personal, it's different, but otherwise have some indefuckingpendence.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clownmaster View Post
    I totally agree.

    I'm capable of carrying a room full of conversations, doing 90% of the work. The problem comes whenever I don't feel like operating as the center of attention and root of all laughter. When I want to sit back and chill, people bother me with the "whats wrong"s and the "entertain me, Evan" bullshit that makes me want to stuff their faces through a cheese grater.

    Among my closer circle of friends however, I NEVER have this problem.
    Yeah, it's annoying. It puts too much pressure on me when I am not up to it. It also feels one-sided. I noticed I don't talk much unless someone initiates it with me. I get that "amuse me" "entertain me" vibe & I am not feeling it. If you want to talk, talk. I just enjoy having genuine conversations.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ's - What are your pet peeves?
    By bLAze in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 07:59 PM
  2. political pet peeves for sept 09
    By wren in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 12:17 AM
  3. Things that annoy you (pet peeves)
    By NewEra in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 03:35 PM
  4. Uber's new pet peeve...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO