• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Hopeless Flirts?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
C'mon! There's a big difference between inadvertently wounding some overly sensitive type you are barely acquainted with and making someone you are in a committed relationship with insecure and unhappy. Or leading someone to develop feelings which you don't genuinely reciprocate. You really can't see that? I thought you guys understood human nature?

C'mon! There's a big difference between inadvertently leading someone to develop feelings which you don't genuinely reciprocate and wounding some overly sensitive type you are barely acquainted with. You really can't see that?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
So if I were to flirt, it would be to fill a need. The question is, what need does flirting fill? Pretending it's pointless and ineffective insults intelligences everywhere.

Right. Whenever someone says "Oh, it's meaningless." you have to wonder why they make a habit of doing it. If it's meaningless, why do it? I think we're getting a lot of people here who just don't want to cop to what they get from it or why they feel the need to do it. If you have an SO and you are making flirtatious (interactions tinged with romantic or sexual overtones) overtures to someone else, why do you do it?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right. Whenever someone says "Oh, it's meaningless." you have to wonder why they make a habit of doing it. If it's meaningless, why do it? I think we're getting a lot of people here who just don't want to cop to what they get from it or why they feel the need to do it. If you have an SO and you are making flirtatious (interactions tinged with romantic or sexual overtones) overtures to someone else, why do you do it?
What need are you fulfilling on this thread?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
C'mon! There's a big difference between inadvertently leading someone to develop feelings which you don't genuinely reciprocate and wounding some overly sensitive type you are barely acquainted with. You really can't see that?

LOL.

You missed out the committed bit.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are you doing later? Want to go out dancing with Amargith and her male friends? I hear her boyfriend will be there watching. :shock:
Sounds hawt!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would like to hear from those who have dated ENFP flirts rather than those who flirt and are trying to justify it as some harmless, fun thing they do to get people to like them. When your SO flirts, are you cool with it? Do you like to watch it? What do you think when you watch it?

Been there. Hated it. Found it very confusing, especially the rationalizations. I'm not a jealous person, but there is a line. Eventually I knocked it on the head.
Can you tell?

And it did lead to him cheating (I didn't find out till after we broke up).

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Been there. Hated it. Found it very confusing, especially the rationalizations. I'm not a jealous person, but there is a line. Eventually I knocked it on the head.
Can you tell?

And it did lead to him cheating (I didn't find out till after we broke up).

No way. Flirting is always so harmless. It doesn't mean anything. It's just fun... except... you know... that one time it isn't harmless, isn't just fun. That's all it takes. The proverbial slippery slope. You think you're in control. Until you're not.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
But.. I would love to get flirted with just somehow random without real context. It'd boost my self-esteem.
Why wouldn't it do the same with others?

Though, taken into account not to go to far, but I usually see the line. Just a little line or two. A move of the hip and a shoulder twist. Ain't that hard once ye read all.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way. Flirting is always so harmless. It doesn't mean anything. It's just fun... except... you know... that one time it isn't harmless, isn't just fun. That's all it takes. The proverbial slippery slope. You think you're in control. Until you're not.

Yup.

The only consolation is how miserable he is now with the harpie he ended up with. LOL.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yup.

The only consolation is how miserable he is now with the harpie he ended up with. LOL.

Like attracts like. Non serious people end up being taken for granted. People who flirt a lot will attract people who just don't take them seriously or who cannot assert what they feel is right. That's the truth of the matter. And rather sad as well.