• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Hopeless Flirts?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Taking flirting for what it stands for in the dictionary, I'd never flirt while in a relationship. There'd be no outside sexual desire or interest, or the need to look for one.

With this said, people's perception of me being flirty is not the same as me flirting.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have with an entire group of guys an entire evening when going out, and he enjoyed being at the sidelines and watching it. He absolutely loved the fact that it was HIM I went home with at the end of the evening.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not justifying anything, just pointing out the irrational.

Are you in a manic phase?

Your sympathies lie in one camp. Maybe I am manic. If you need to use that as a reason to disregard what I say, be my guest.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Would you flirt in front of your SO? Would any of you? This is the test.

I am the same me whoever I am with and in whatever context or environment... That's why the SJ SO got ticked all the time! LOL!!

Well at least we are consistent.

But Synarch I think you are referring to SEXUALLY LACED FLIRTING. That I agree could qualify you for being a "tease."

I am more referring to that ENFP natural friendliness that people tend to misinterpret.

As for "EMOTIONAL WHORING." Wow. Such an extreme statement.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Heh...I flirt with everybody. My S.O. knows it, and it doesn't bother her. Because she trusts me.

It makes most social interactions easier. I have gotten better service, free food, and extra merchandise, by flirting.

That being said, I have a certain line I will not cross, it changes with each person, and my assessment of them and their personality.

:newwink:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have with an entire group of guys an entire evening when going out, and he enjoyed being at the sidelines and watching its. He absolutely loved the fact that it was HIM I went home with at the end of the evening.

That's cool. I'm sure some guys like watching their wife get railed by a whole gang of guys while they sit in the corner and watch. Different strokes.

Not me. If my wife or girlfriend was flirting with other dudes, I would be angry.

I am possessive. I expect one person for one person and I want mine to treat me accordingly.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh...I flirt with everybody. My S.O. knows it, and it doesn't bother her. Because she trusts me.

It makes most social interactions easier. I have gotten better service, free food, and extra merchandise, by flirting.

That being said, I have a certain line I will not cross, it changes with each person, and my assessment of them and their personality.

+1

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am the same me whoever I am with and in whatever context or environment... That's why the SJ SO got ticked all the time! LOL!!

But Synarch I think you are referring to SEXUALLY LACED FLIRTING. That I agree could qualify you for being a "tease."

I am more referring to that ENFP natural friendliness that people tend to misinterpret.

As for "EMOTIONAL WHORING." Wow.

flirt (flûrt)
v. flirt·ed , flirt·ing , flirts

v. intr.

1. To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures.
2. To deal playfully, triflingly, or superficially with: flirt with danger.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I have with an entire group of guys an entire evening when going out, and he enjoyed being at the sidelines and watching it. He absolutely loved the fact that it was HIM I went home with at the end of the evening.

That's what I'm sayin' Amargith!

The secure people can take it as a compliment and be flattered that someone finds their SO attractive in some way or on some level.

Personally, if people were drawn to my gf, I think it would be HOT! I would know she is going home with me and only me - eat your hearts out everyone else! ;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

What is the line? Do tell.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would like to hear from those who have dated ENFP flirts rather than those who flirt and are trying to justify it as some harmless, fun thing they do to get people to like them. When your SO flirts, are you cool with it? Do you like to watch it? What do you think when you watch it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

exactly...i'm the same me too and i'll be warm and friendly and talkative and jokey and playful and all of those things but not in a sexual way...so...is that flirting?? not for me it's not...it's the same behavior with guys or girls and i'm not hitting on anybody...really not.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Once again, flirting for me may be friendly to you. I've taken my SO to dinner and how she can strike up conversation with the waiter I can sometimes construe or would interpret as flirting, but I know she thinks she is being friendly. If I hadn't already been with her for years it would be extremely off putting, but by now I am used to it.

I can see how some could categorize it as emotional whoring. For someone as socially stunted as myself, it seems bizarre and excessive, trying to connect to everybody within a 25 foot bubble.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
I am an uptight little church girl. I sing "Just as I am" every Sunday during the Invitation and I will be 12 next week. Would you like me to pray for you?

I believe it, and no.

Would you flirt in front of your SO? Would any of you? This is the test.

Be honest.

Yes, I would, I have, and I will again.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
exactly...i'm the same me too and i'll be warm and friendly and talkative and jokey and playful and all of those things but not in a sexual way...so...is that flirting?? not for me it's not...it's the same behavior with guys or girls and i'm not hitting on anybody...really not.

If you flirt with a guy, would you be surprised if he thought you were interested? Does this ever happen? If so, how do you handle it?

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
I was really asking everyone the question, more rhetorically than anything. I am sure that you would. Sounds awesome for both of you.

It really is, thanks.

Since we are being honest, how many NFs have dumped you?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would like to hear from those who have dated ENFP flirts rather than those who flirt and are trying to justify it as some harmless, fun thing they do to get people to like them. When your SO flirts, are you cool with it? Do you like to watch it? What do you think when you watch it?

well...i'll repeat something someone said about being with me...they said i'm just always being me...sweet and funny with people and just cute and people want to believe i'm flirting with them but that he gets that i'm not.

so...he knew me and wasn't offended by my way of being but...i'm sure if i ever was flirty in a sexual way he would be...that's the difference...the line.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've dated flirty ENFPs and no, I wasn't okay with it as I said earlier. I'm fine with someone being friendly; I have lots of friends and I'm always willing to talk with someone. But such things as whispering sexually in someone else's ear while your SO is in the same vicinity, for example, I can't tolerate. I think it's disrespectful to your SO and the relationship you have.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you flirt with a guy, would you be surprised if he thought you were interested? Does this ever happen? If so, how do you handle it?

well...i do only flirt if i'm interested so no...i'd expect for it to be perceived as such...but i was trying to point out that being friendly wasn't the same thing.