User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Oh, so if I go waving money around in your face and you reach for it, that's on me? Does that mean you should brazenly wave money in someone's face or become surprised if they grab for it or become hurt if your SO doesn't like you waving her money around in case people grab at it?
    If I was rich it would not matter that you waved money in my face. Again, depends on the recipient.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    If I was rich it would not matter that you waved money in my face. Again, depends on the recipient.
    Sam Walton even after being a billionaire would still bend over and reach for a nickel lying on the ground. Can you at least assent that most people will reach for money you wave in their face?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Just because you jerk off, doesn't NECESSARILY mean I would get aroused. That's my point. Depends on the recipient.
    Hmm, so are you asking that no one take your attention seriously? Idk, it just seems like not wanting to see that a certain behavior has... a certain effect. Trying to understand here. I am not talking about being friendly, I am talking about trying to have an effect or whip someone into a romantic/sexual state and have them react to you.

How do you engage when you are interested in someone? Is there a difference?

Also, I would be really concerned if my partner didn't have a problem with me flirting if I did it. To me it would mean things were not at all where I want them to be. I understand that everyone is different. But I have a hard time fathoming that that can come from a good place for the relationship. Maybe it is something that creeps in when people have been together a while?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

we/i have levels of intimacy that we're willing to share with different people...it's not indiscriminate really... but i appreciate connecting with people on certain levels...i don't think that makes me an emotional slut. it makes me someone who gives a shit about people and value the experience of getting to know someone.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Sam Walton even after being a billionaire would still bend over and reach for a nickel lying on the ground. Can you at least assent that most people will reach for money you wave in their face?
    For a nickel??? Nope. Again - that is unique to Sam Walton. Hugh Hefner might have a different reaction. I don't think it would phase him.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i wouldn't...i'd say get that shit out of my face you presumptuous ass. :P
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Hmm, so are you asking that no one take your attention seriously?
    Take my attention at face value yes - but the ultimate INTERPRETATION I think lies with the recipient.

violaine

^It isn't neutral behavior. As long as that is understood. Of course anyone with some sense will not take a flirtatious person seriously, but I think it's a loss to that person myself. I'm curious as to what anyone derives from it. I think it's likely for validation...? Perhaps wanting a quick hit but not wanting to bother with anything more than that?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^It isn't neutral behavior. As long as that is understood. Of course anyone with some sense will not take a flirtatious person seriously, but I think it's a loss to that person myself. I'm curious as to what anyone derives from it. I think it's likely for validation...? Perhaps wanting a quick hit but not wanting to bother with anything more than that?
    I think it's partly an extravert thing. We try to get what we need emotionally from the outer world, which means other people.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

violaine

^Sure, I understand that. I've seen plenty of introverts do it too though, I don't think that need is confined to the Es.