First 3341424344 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Is this sarcasm? I'm just saying, I'm not a very subtle person. When I've had motivation to be flirtacious, no man has ever mistaken it. They only mistake my friendly nature because they interpret what they want, despite knowing me to be pretty honest in every other department.
    To the posters who are curious how to tell if an ENFP is actually interested, pay attention to that. They'll either flat out say something, make a move themselves, or keep on amping up their playing until you finally get the point.

ENFPs generally have way too much intensity to do subtle for very long.

Hopefully you don't mind me using you to make my point Kyuuei.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    the natural inclination of an ENFP to come across as if everyone is special to them.
    Yes...

-AND-

To make each person feel/know that there is SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT THEM PERSONALLY.

THIS is what drives my behavior. (for those of you wanting "answers" ha)

It's about (genuinely) making others feel special. It's not false flattery. We genuinely see special things in each individual - and let them know it.

We see people's strengths - and reflect it back to them.

We make you feel like you are the ONLY person in the room - and the interest and the intensity behind it is genuine.

ENFPs have a naturally voracious curiosity about people.

We will make you feel "fascinating." Because, to an ENFP - YOU ARE.

People are not used to having others mirror themself back in such a positive way. So, they may read into it. They don't realize the ENFP approaches EVERYONE in this fashion!

We make people feel "seen" , "understood" , "special" , "fascinating" ...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I don't mind at all, Udog.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glycerine

I think just as long as boundaries are set and there aren't too many personally implied sexual jokes, flirting is fine.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    To the posters who are curious how to tell if an ENFP is actually interested, pay attention to that. They'll either flat out say something, make a move themselves, or keep on amping up their playing until you finally get the point.

ENFPs generally have way too much intensity to do subtle for very long
    Udog knows the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    ENFPs have a naturally voracious curiosity about people.

We will make you feel "fascinating." Because, to an ENFP - YOU ARE.
    In that moment, at least. That ends up confusing a lot of people. (And I'm not talking romantically here)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Udog knows the truth!

In that moment, at least. That ends up confusing a lot of people. (And I'm not talking romantically here)
    Yes - IN THAT MOMENT. Precisely.

... and then we are "off to the next!" lol...

They say people don't fall in love with YOU, but the way they FEEL when they are AROUND YOU.

This would apply for the ENFP.

They have the power to make you feel so special - and most people want more of it.

This could be a problem for the SO of an ENFP - they might not enjoy the ENFP making EVERYONE feel SPECIAL!

(because they may wonder if that DIMINISHES their specialness somehow) (answer is no)
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 04-18-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Merging 3 post(s)

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I think just as long as boundaries are set and there aren't too many personally implied sexual jokes, flirting is fine.
    There now... that looks to me like a different definition of "flirting" than the one we've been using up 'til now. Because I think before you posted, the implication was that flirting was expected to have the potential to turn into a hook-up, if not a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, if that's what you wanna hear, sure. I enjoy it, so why not enjoy it. What you don't seem to understand is that my SO actually sides with me and not with you on this issue. He doesn't see the need to lock me up and throw away the key unlike some, coz that would change who I am, and who he fell in love with.

I've never cheated in my life. And I'm not planning on it. He knows that, and that's all he needs. And he in return gets a gf who doesn't constantly page him when he's away on business, checks his emails and screams at him when he doesn't check in with her every 5 minutes, but who is very happy to see him when he returns and does make him the center of her universe at that point. I'm not the only one with the need for personal space, nor the only one who appreciates it. It's the reason we survived as long as we have as a couple.
    I'm not fond of the S.O. flirting rampantly (and he respects this), but neither of us would say that I have locked him up and thrown away the key! (?) I am ++ with personal space for that matter --more than he is. So, how do we take the journey from "flirting can/can't cause problems" to "let the caged birds sing"?

Sincerely. Take me on that journey. I saw your A, I saw your Z, and I saw scant else in between. Do ExxPs really see prison bars where others see boundaries? I have a helluva time believing that.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Sincerely. Take me on that journey. I saw your A, I saw your Z, and I saw scant else in between. Do ExxPs really see prison bars where others see boundaries? I have a helluva time believing that.
    I used to be of the don't fence me in school. Now I find myself building my own fences just to keep my mental herd intact. Bluewing covers the dangers of self-effacement for extraverts in his book (get it). Basically, extreme extraversion with its external focus on the object rather than the subject can lead to a diffused identity. To a certain degree, it seems like extraverts (especially EXXP) feel compelled to "connect" with others or they don't have any identity to grab onto. Like they would become uncomfortable if you just left them alone without anyone to "connect" to or latch on to.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Maybe it's the actions speak louder than words thing.
    Maybe so, but if that were true, then why is it that it usually doesn't pose a problem when I say this up front? This is the kind of game you don't play with just about anyone anyways. I've noticed that different people are comfortable with different levels of how far that game should go, and I tend to respect that. Some just enjoy some playful innuendo, others enjoy tossing in some sexual innuendo and some enjoy pushing what I call your 'what-if' button. It depends really from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm not fond of the S.O. flirting rampantly (and he respects this), but neither of us would say that I have locked him up and thrown away the key! (?) I am ++ with personal space for that matter --more than he is. So, how do we take the journey from "flirting can/can't cause problems" to "let the caged birds sing"?

Then you have your 'fences' earlier on than we do, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, I have restrictions at home to, otherwise we wouldn't really be a couple. I also have no problem discussing this upfront with my partner in the beginning of the relationship and respecting their comfortzone as long as that comfortzone doesn't mean I have to sit at home knitting. If I were to date you, I'd probably adhere to your wishes because I love you and don't want to hurt you. I just enjoy intense (good) emotions and evoking those in others as well, at least, those that are open to it. I don't really see the harm in that.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”