half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Kinda curious how you can enter into infidelity without flirtatious sexual or romantic gestures? If you maintain distance romantically and sexually, it would be pretty difficult to cheat.
    You could hire a prostitute. Which a lot of (married) men do.

Also, I don't think we were talking about a man going into a bar one night on a business trip and flirts with the specific intention of cheating on his wife that night. I thought we were speaking about people who are generally flirtatious in nature.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    How does one know right from wrong then? o.O
    And is right/wrong the same for everyone? I think not.
    Ethics are founded on first principles, for example, that human life has value, that you should avoid hurting someone, etc. These first principles are beyond argument, imo. You can then extrapolate right and wrong from there.

I believe in moral absolutes. Many people do not. This does not mean I always behave consistently with what is moral, but I do recognize it. If there is no right or wrong then you cannot really argue one side over another. It's whatever works for you. I do think right or wrong is the same no matter who it involves, but I am willing to accept that I may be in the minority.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

SJ's define all the boundaries? Boundaries don't just exist as defined by right and wrong? I just think the J types are better at recognizing and adhering to them.
    J <> moral superiority!
    EXXP types are likely to be rather approachable and if they're not careful it can get them in trouble. As a result, they should probably be with J types who have a more rigid concept of boundaries. Most of this can come down to boundary issues. ENFP's and EXXP's in general suffer from issues with boundaries: improper self-disclosure, being nosey, flirtatiousness, etc.
    Rubbish. A cheater will cheat on a J or a P.

Ethics are founded on first principles, for example, that human life has value, that you should avoid hurting someone, etc. These first principles are beyond argument, imo. You can then extrapolate right and wrong from there.

I believe in moral absolutes. Many people do not. This does not mean I always behave consistently with what is moral, but I do recognize it. If there is no right or wrong then you cannot really argue one side over another. It's whatever works for you. I do think right or wrong is the same no matter who it involves, but I am willing to accept that I may be in the minority.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You could hire a prostitute. Which a lot of (married) men do.

Also, I don't think we were talking about a man going into a bar one night on a business trip and flirts with the specific intention of cheating on his wife that night. I thought we were speaking about people who are generally flirtatious in nature.
    Sure, this is what I am talking about as well. I just think general flirtatiousness is a slippery slope BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL OCCASIONALLY TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.

It's like if I went into a gay nightclub with a shirt that said "I am gay". Whose responsibility is it if a man hits on me? Should I be surprised? Should I try to maintain that it is harmless?

Flirting is like advertising your availability or at least the suggestion of availability. Flirting, by definition, is sexual or romantic in nature.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Agreed.

Moral absolutes? Elaborate please.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    J
    Rubbish. A cheater will cheat on a J or a P.
    True. You're right. But, I think a J would be less likely to compromise their values. Less flexible.

SJ's define all the boundaries? Boundaries don't just exist as defined by right and wrong? I just think the J types are better at recognizing and adhering to them.
    I live and die by Fi. Which means I seem to have my own definition of what boundaries I choose to follow or set. right and wrong is pretty black and white and likely my boundaries and your boundaries would vary by definition.

this whole flirting discussion is haunted by shades of grey.

did they realize they were flirting?
    is it intentional?
    is it sexual in nature or just friendly?
    would then then follow through?
    why do they flirt?

it's a messy place and a messy discussion. I am going running now. Bye bye and have fun guys!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Moral absolutes? Elaborate please.
    Moral absolutes = things that are true from a moral perspective whether or not you agree with them. They are absolutely true even if no one supports them. They are beyond human judgment.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I live and die by Fi. Which means I seem to have my own definition of what boundaries I choose to follow or set. right and wrong is pretty black and white and likely my boundaries and your boundaries would vary by definition.

this whole flirting discussion is haunted by shades of grey.

did they realize they were flirting?
    is it intentional?
    is it sexual in nature or just friendly?
    would then then follow through?
    why do they flirt?

it's a messy place and a messy discussion. I am going running now. Bye bye and have fun guys!!
    We're talking about the dictionary definition of flirting, ie interactions laced with sexual or romantic tones.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Moral absolutes = things that are true from a moral perspective whether or not you agree with them. They are absolutely true even if no one supports them. They are beyond human judgment.
    Could you name a few absolutes?
    (Just curious. :3 )
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari