User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've dated flirty ENFPs and no, I wasn't okay with it as I said earlier. I'm fine with someone being friendly; I have lots of friends and I'm always willing to talk with someone. But such things as whispering sexually in someone else's ear while your SO is in the same vicinity, for example, I can't tolerate. I think it's disrespectful to your SO and the relationship you have.
    yeah that's screwed up.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It really is, thanks.

Since we are being honest, how many NFs have dumped you?
    I'm coming from the point of view of someone who has been a flirt and has questioned it. I've actually never been dumped. I certainly wouldn't have the inclination to deal with anyone who likes to wag their tail at every passing stranger.

If you're going to be snide, try harder please or it's just not fun anymore.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I would like to hear from those who have dated ENFP flirts rather than those who flirt and are trying to justify it as some harmless, fun thing they do to get people to like them. When your SO flirts, are you cool with it? Do you like to watch it? What do you think when you watch it?
    I don't exactly know how the social environment interacted during my folks prime on a personal basis but Dad never was upset at Mom during or after social functions. Dad being ENTP Mom being ENFP. Mom could certainly get a crowd of dudes around her but with her skills also came the ability to toss those dudes to the wind at the end of the evening. Dad perhaps intuitively knew this through experience. But he used it to further the spirit of Mom through his ability to manipulate the crowd by giving the crowd an internal feeling of trivialness which made Dads presents so (not in the corner).
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well...i'll repeat something someone said about being with me...they said i'm just always being me...sweet and funny with people and just cute and people want to believe i'm flirting with them but that he gets that i'm not.

so...he knew me and wasn't offended by my way of being but...i'm sure if i ever was flirty in a sexual way he would be...that's the difference...the line.
    Flirting is tacitly sexual or romantic. Check the dictionary. I am not talking about being friendly, cheerful, or curious.

I've dated flirty ENFPs and no, I wasn't okay with it as I said earlier. I'm fine with someone being friendly; I have lots of friends and I'm always willing to talk with someone. But such things as whispering sexually in someone else's ear while your SO is in the same vicinity, for example, I can't tolerate. I think it's disrespectful to your SO and the relationship you have.
    Whispering in someone's ear? Jesus.

well...i do only flirt if i'm interested so no...i'd expect for it to be perceived as such...but i was trying to point out that being friendly wasn't the same thing.
    Talking about flirting. Flirting is at least romantic or sexual in its approach.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

yeah that's screwed up.
    His response to being confronted was "Dude, chill out! I was just having fun with her. It didn't mean anything."

MBTI
    ENTP

His response to being confronted was "Dude, chill out! I was just having fun with her. It didn't mean anything."
    Well, what else could he say?

* "Oh, just making myself feel good by getting her excited."
    * "Oh, just setting up some options in case I need to get some strange on the sly."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've had one of my exes do that to me too, and worse and he just called me jealous when I asked about it. It is a horrible feeling to have, especially if they then afterwards don't care about how you felt, I agree. The fact that he didn't take it seriously or kept your feelings in mind, makes it inexcusable. So I do understand why you feel strongly about this.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm coming from the point of view of someone who has been a flirt and has questioned it. I've actually never been dumped. I certainly wouldn't have the inclination to deal with anyone who likes to wag their tail at every passing stranger.

If you're going to be snide, try harder please or it's just not fun anymore.

Considering the hard line attacks you seem to be making against those darn flirty NFs, it seemed a very reasonable question. Why so defensive? How many NTs have asked you questions that make you feel that way?
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Considering the hard line attacks you seem to be making against those darn flirty NFs, it seemed a very reasonable question. Why so defensive? How many NTs have asked you questions that make you feel that way?
    Does your mom know you're on the computer?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

What is the line? Do tell.
    The line depends on what gender and age the person is, and what their body language and mood tell me. But since I am in a relationship, it never gets past making innuendos or double entendres. Word games are fun.

And on occasion, if I step over the line, I apologize immediately and tone it down.

Personally, I think many people I have engaged with were relieved that I wasn't just another drone lacking in personality, or an obnoxious know-it-all.