• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Hopeless Flirts?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Could you name a few absolutes?
(Just curious. :3 )

1. Thou shalt not kill.
2. Thou shalt not steal.
3. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's rims, whip, or bitch.

Just to name a few.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Flirting is like advertising your availability or at least the suggestion of availability. Flirting, by definition, is sexual or romantic in nature.

But that means nothing if someone hits on you. Men hit on me when I walk down the street in sweats, sunglasses and an ipod. That means nothing to me. I am only responsible if I follow through. You can't be responsible for someone else's actions. It may be unethical or in bad taste to "taunt" someone, but ultimately every person must be responsible for their own actions. Flirting does not always mean cheating.

I'll just let it be known now that I don't believe in the moral absolute concept. Morals are defined by the society in which we live. Good vs bad assumes a religious context. I'm sure we fundamentally disagree on that, too. But that's what makes life interesting, and that's why I spend so much time talking to you here. And I'm going to back out of the conversation now.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Synarch seems blue, or Blue seems bitter?

Five minutes ago you were agreeing with me! Fickle ENFPS.....;)

You see the thing about Fi coherence is that I agreed with you "five minutes ago" because I agreed with what you said BACK THEN. Meanwhile you said things I didn't agree with.

Everyone would do that probably, but this an example of how ENFPs see thing btw. We don't pick sides lightly. You must be coherent or else. But when we do we stick to them no matter what.

But I must say this debate is getting kind of ridiculous. The amount of generalization is getting too much. Are we now assuming ENFPs are cheaters by nature? Seriously people....

You people seem to forget that Fi is all about right and wrong. My commitments are not easily broken.

Last edited:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But that means nothing if someone hits on you. Men hit on me when I walk down the street in sweats, sunglasses and an ipod. That means nothing to me. I am only responsible if I follow through. You can't be responsible for someone else's actions. It may be unethical or in bad taste to "taunt" someone, but ultimately every person must be responsible for their own actions. Flirting does not always mean cheating.

I'll just let it be known now that I don't believe in the moral absolute concept. Morals are defined by the society in which we live. Good vs bad assumes a religious context. I'm sure we fundamentally disagree on that, too. But that's what makes life interesting, and that's why I spend so much time talking to you here. And I'm going to back out of the conversation now.

You always shout out with one foot in the stirrup. Peace.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You always shout out with one foot in the stirrup. Peace.

No, I just don't want to derail the thread even more and talk about religion. If you want to talk about this with me, start a new thread and I will gladly meet you there. Seriously. Otherwise, peace.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, I just don't want to derail the thread even more and talk about religion. If you want to talk about this with me, start a new thread and I will gladly meet you there. Seriously. Otherwise, peace.

No such thing as derailing. People can rerail whenever they like. I'm not steering this titanic.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
1. Thou shalt not kill.
2. Thou shalt not steal.
3. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's rims, whip, or bitch.

Just to name a few.

1. Agreed.
2. Yes/no. That differs.
3. Agreed.
4. Agreed. But nothing stays yours indefinite thus brings the point down a bit. And by bitch you mean a dog right? And, is anything ever rightfully yours? Just because you claimed it doesn't really mean that it is yours and yours only?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. Agreed.
2. Yes/no. That differs.
3. Agreed.
4. Agreed. But nothing stays yours indefinite thus brings the point down a bit. And by bitch you mean a dog right? And, is anything ever rightfully yours? Just because you claimed it doesn't really mean that it is yours and yours only?

Good. Glad to hear this. Give me your money. All of it. Oh, and your car. And your woman.

Point of that commandment is, don't interfere with what other people have. Don't desire something that doesn't belong to you. It's not really about if it really belongs to them. It certainly doesn't belong to you. That's the point.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You see the thing about Fi coherence is that I agreed with you "five minutes ago" because I agreed with what you said BACK THEN. Meanwhile you said things I didn't agree with.

Everyone would do that probably, but this an example of how ENFPs see thing btw. We don't pick sides lightly. You must be coherent or else. But when we do we stick to them no matter what.

But I must say this debate is getting kind of ridiculous. The amount of generalization is getting too much. Are we now assuming ENFPs are cheaters by nature? Seriously people....

You people seem to forget that Fi is all about right and wrong. My commitments are not easily broken.
LMAO! Why do you guys take EVERYTHING so personally?

You agreed with something I said. But later, you didn't disagree with anything, you just passed a judgement without an explanation.
There's a not-so-subtle difference.

I haven't made any generalizations (other than the tongue-in-cheek one about being fickle.) And if you knew me you'd know I've refuted allegations about all ENFPs being cheaters in the past.

Check out the ENFP hugz on my wall!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I live and die by Fi. Which means I seem to have my own definition of what boundaries I choose to follow or set. right and wrong is pretty black and white and likely my boundaries and your boundaries would vary by definition.

this whole flirting discussion is haunted by shades of grey.

did they realize they were flirting?
is it intentional?
is it sexual in nature or just friendly?
would then then follow through?
why do they flirt?

it's a messy place and a messy discussion. I am going running now. Bye bye and have fun guys!!

Finally! Of course, most sensible post comes from the INTP :)smile:).

Synarch, your behavior in this thread kind of baffles me, because I would submit to you that your entire persona on this board is based upon flirting. You engage people, you make innuendoes, you push their boundaries, you play with them and insult them. You do it with both men and women. It's odd, ENTP flirting, but it's still a form of flirting. If your girlfriend took issue with your posting style, would you cease and desist? Or would you say, "Hey, that's just my personality, I can't help it if you don't get it?" I'm not having a go at you--just seems like a bit of a paradox, to me.

For me, intention is everything. Some people have greater flirting/socialization needs. Sometimes I feel confident and more inclined to be social, so I interact in a friendlier way with people, laugh and smile more, etc. But if there's no intention behind it, I will not focus on one individual and make them think that I'm interested. It's just a generalized friendliness, and it's the same whether it's directed toward men or women. If someone mistakes it for intention, I'm up-front about my lack of interest or availability romantically.

I've never dated an ENFP, but one of my good friends is one, and I know on a friend basis, she definitely has friends she values more than others. She'll strike up a conversation and be friendly with nearly anyone, but they don't mean the same to her as her handful of valued friends do.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Good. Glad to hear this. Give me your money. All of it. Oh, and your car. And your woman.

Got no money, got no car. Ain't have a woman of mine, I have love interest in some but they ain't mine. And yes, I think this was sarcastic, I just played along stupidly.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Synarch, your behavior in this thread kind of baffles me, because I would submit to you that your entire persona on this board is based upon flirting. You engage people, you make innuendoes, you push their boundaries, you play with them and insult them. You do it with both men and women. It's odd, ENTP flirting, but it's still a form of flirting. If your girlfriend took issue with your posting style, would you cease and desist? Or would you say, "Hey, that's just my personality, I can't help it if you don't get it?" I'm not having a go at you--just seems like a bit of a paradox, to me.

Only an INTP could see being insulted or having their boundaries pushed as a form of flirtation.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Only an INTP could see being insulted or having their boundaries pushed as a form of flirtation.

See what I mean? What is with you INTP ladies?

Admittedly, we are an odd lot. But the question remains--if your poking-at-people-with-a-stick and propensity towards innuendo-based wordplay is taken by others as flirtation, do you have a responsibility toward your significant other to stop it?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
LMAO! Why do you guys take EVERYTHING so personally?

Personally? lol that's the perversion behind stereotypes Blue, I'm as calm and detached as I could possible be. I do feel the need to point out how most of this is being based on unsubstantial and unverifiable claims.

You agreed with something I said. But later, you didn't disagree with anything, you just passed a judgement without an explanation.
There's a not-so-subtle difference.

You're cool and all Blue but I just can't give every post my attention ;) I meant the tone of your subsequent posts, much like Synarch's, seemed kinda ad hominem.

I haven't made any generalizations (other than the tongue-in-cheek one about being fickle.) And if you knew me you'd know I've refuted allegations about all ENFPs being cheaters in the past.

You agreed with Synarch on the most outrageous of all his claims concerning ENFPs. But don't misinterpret me either. I called you both bitter but I'm not deeply offended or anything. But there are clearly personal vendetta undertones to some of these posts I'm thinking. If not...well you can always dismiss it as biased NF rationale ;)

Check out the ENFP hugz on my wall!

lol, you do know we ENFPs have big egos right? Or do you really think we are that dependent on what others think?

Everything I said was simply a warning to the dangers of this whole "ENFPs, because of Ne or EP or whatever usually do this or that....". Sure unhealthy ENFPs might have a problem with boundaries, but what of it?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Admittedly, we are an odd lot. But the question remains--if your poking-at-people-with-a-stick and propensity towards innuendo-based wordplay is taken by others as flirtation, do you have a responsibility toward your significant other to stop it?

It's a legitimate question. If she feels that I am engaging in something with the purpose of sexually exciting or creating feelings of romantic attachment, I would have to take this seriously. Obviously.