First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post

My organizational systems are in constant flux, but the set that I work with right now are those that are really working for me. I've used Outlook and others in the past, and I've even developed my own web-based software package.. but this really suits my purposes now.

I'll post a few examples in the thread. Here's the wonderful calendar, which shows up in a fullscreen view on my second monitor so it's always there:

My "Main" (maroon) calendar is one-time appointments. Facebook events (such as those my friends post and I've RSVPed to) and others from external calendars also show up in maroon. "Routine" (blue) is recurring appointments, typically those that are once a week, such as weekly meetings and classes. I differentiate between those so that I know to pay extra attention to the one-time appointments.

"Tasks" are in green; the all-day ones such as the one on Thursday are due dates (such as for homework), and those in the calendar itself are times that I've allocated to work on tasks.

All this shows up on my phone and work computer, too. One important point is that, since it's always in front of me, I always have a chance to "jot down" my random time-based thoughts so I don't lose them, and I also always have access to them.

I basically rely upon these tools to be my memory and an extension and external organization of my brain.

Questions are welcome!

I'll post a mind map example soon, too.

I might just start a thread or a blog or something about all of this
    Hey greed, that's a really cool setup! Gmail? Wow. Thanks for letting me know that Gmail had this option. It's a great reason to completely switch over from Yahoo.

MBTI
    INFJ

A Chick-Fil-A calendar where I scribble appointments on in black permanent marker!

Works fer me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to color my events. Help me, man!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to color my events. Help me, man!
    Hey, I hope it ends up working out for you!

I've got different calendars set up for different types of events or allocations of time. Those calendars show up as various colors.

Head over to Settings, then Calendars to create new calendars. Then, those calendars will show up in a list on the lefthand side.. click the arrow next to a calendar in that list to change its color.