• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How do you categorize...prioritize...organize... your life?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:cheese:

My organizational systems are in constant flux, but the set that I work with right now are those that are really working for me. I've used Outlook and others in the past, and I've even developed my own web-based software package.. but this really suits my purposes now.

I'll post a few examples in the thread. Here's the wonderful calendar, which shows up in a fullscreen view on my second monitor so it's always there:

picture.php

My "Main" (maroon) calendar is one-time appointments. Facebook events (such as those my friends post and I've RSVPed to) and others from external calendars also show up in maroon. "Routine" (blue) is recurring appointments, typically those that are once a week, such as weekly meetings and classes. I differentiate between those so that I know to pay extra attention to the one-time appointments.

"Tasks" are in green; the all-day ones such as the one on Thursday are due dates (such as for homework), and those in the calendar itself are times that I've allocated to work on tasks.

All this shows up on my phone and work computer, too. One important point is that, since it's always in front of me, I always have a chance to "jot down" my random time-based thoughts so I don't lose them, and I also always have access to them.

I basically rely upon these tools to be my memory and an extension and external organization of my brain.

Questions are welcome!

I'll post a mind map example soon, too.

I might just start a thread or a blog or something about all of this

Hey greed, that's a really cool setup! Gmail? Wow. Thanks for letting me know that Gmail had this option. It's a great reason to completely switch over from Yahoo.

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
A Chick-Fil-A calendar where I scribble appointments on in black permanent marker!

Works fer me! :cheese:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to color my events. Help me, man!

G

garbage

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to color my events. Help me, man!

Hey, I hope it ends up working out for you!

I've got different calendars set up for different types of events or allocations of time. Those calendars show up as various colors.

Head over to Settings, then Calendars to create new calendars. Then, those calendars will show up in a list on the lefthand side.. click the arrow next to a calendar in that list to change its color.