User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Hahaha I wish I could help you but I'm doing a million things at once too... at least that's how it feels like in my head.

Get someone else to prioritize your life for you. It kinda at least gets you started with a guideline. I'd hang around some Js and try to absorb their organizing auras.

I think lists help. Writing things down helps me to remember what I should be doing. A little bit.

Though I never make any constant goals--goal after goal. Just vague ones, big ones, so I keep those in mind, and it's like, in the end, everything I do in my daily life is designed to lead towards it. If I feel like I'm on track, I give myself a lot of time to do random things and let my head wander, but if I'm feeling the pressure, I try to buck up. I don't mind not being organized, but I really just need a feeling that I'm going <i>somewhere</i>.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    GREED i am UBERjealous of your abilities!!!!!! would you mind showing an example of what a typical day would bring, outline-wise?

My organizational systems are in constant flux, but the set that I work with right now are those that are really working for me. I've used Outlook and others in the past, and I've even developed my own web-based software package.. but this really suits my purposes now.

I'll post a few examples in the thread. Here's the wonderful calendar, which shows up in a fullscreen view on my second monitor so it's always there:

My "Main" (maroon) calendar is one-time appointments. Facebook events (such as those my friends post and I've RSVPed to) and others from external calendars also show up in maroon. "Routine" (blue) is recurring appointments, typically those that are once a week, such as weekly meetings and classes. I differentiate between those so that I know to pay extra attention to the one-time appointments.

"Tasks" are in green; the all-day ones such as the one on Thursday are due dates (such as for homework), and those in the calendar itself are times that I've allocated to work on tasks.

All this shows up on my phone and work computer, too. One important point is that, since it's always in front of me, I always have a chance to "jot down" my random time-based thoughts so I don't lose them, and I also always have access to them.

I basically rely upon these tools to be my memory and an extension and external organization of my brain.

Questions are welcome!

I'll post a mind map example soon, too.

I might just start a thread or a blog or something about all of this

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'd like to develop my Te but man.....that's just downright scary!!

MBTI
    ENFP

To answer that question honestly, not very well. Even my methods of ensuring I complete things are chaotic. At work, everything goes down on a piece of scrap paper. No lists. Just bubbles and squares with notes in them. Lists are too straight and rigid. Before I go home for the day, I glance at the paper and usually realise I've missed something but have already turned my computer off.

Some days it's just ideas pouring out all at once with seemingly no safe way to catch them all and keep them somewhere until I can use them. Like a sort of overwhelming flood. Or maybe like clouds in the sky. If you look away for a moment, they change shape and colour too. As if I'm a walking human brainstorm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have entities involved ranked and the more warning/confirmation/guarantee of an event happening combined with the ranking of the involved entity influences whether it will happen or which event takes presidence. A last minute D&D game at odds with a date that was planned two weeks ago and confirmed within the week of the date, will be passed up. Conversely, a girlfriend asking to head out with me right before I am to be at a D&D game that has been planned for some time will only be offered to come along. However, if given equal warning the date still comes first. Also, my desire to be lazy at home trumps all but my regular work schedule.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

nice. i just downloaded this note pad thing where i can put all my thoughts, lists, ideas, poems, to-dos, babble, etc. on! it helps sooooo much! my random babble doesnt clutter my brain as bad!!!! and i don't have to bother my friends with it! lol it just goes in the notepad

im on my wayy!!!!!!!!!!! hoorrahh!!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    how do you separate your alphabet soup? how to you prioritize your life?
    I realized my scatter brained nature when I was pretty young comparing myself toa an older NT sibling who was very organized. I was pretty unhappy with this scatterbrained way I was and I started to develop my Te pretty early.

These days I'm pretty good in organizing but still it doesn't come to me naturally. I really have to change my mood to Te in order to organize.

I have found out that Te is the best way of organizing my Ne. It helps me to categorize my thougts and to accomplish things.

MBTI
    INFJ

I used to procrastinate and stuff, but I don't so much these days. I make calendars and schedules--lots and lots of them, in all shapes and sizes. Usually I put at least one difficult chore (project, research, paper, etc.) to work on each day. Then I have one or two not-so-difficult chores (housework, gardening, laundry, etc.) each day. Then I double the time allowance for the difficult chore, knowing that I'll try to squirm out of it by pretending to work when I'm really just reorganizing computer files or something. (This way I don't overload with guilt when I realize that I've wasted 30 minutes or an hour instead of working.) I also try to schedule (or leave time for) some enjoyable activity. Playing with the dogs, reading fiction, staring into space, watching TV, etc. And if possible, when I'm doing the difficult chore, I give myself a treat to make it more enjoyable: a cup of coffee, sitting in the sun while I write, a scented candle, etc. It kind of honors the activity, setting it aside as important and worthy of my attention. That's key for me: having an attitude of enjoying the work.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Clownmaster's categorized priorities

Goals

Short Term
    Work out every other day
    Make bed every morning
    Don't hit the snooze button more than twice
    Don't procrastinate my homework

Medium Term
    Become positively motivated
    Become an achiever rather than an underachiever
    Turn my self-fulfilling prophecies into good things rather than bad
    Quit using my parents as primary role models
    Get better at driving

Long Term
    Finish college
    Put money away for retirement
    Invest in the stock market

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFP

Post it notes are my friends. I keep them all over my kitchen cabinets with my mixed- up, random thoughts, and then I organize them according to whatever things need attention or sound interesting at the moment.

I also keep a notebook with doodles and random scrambled thoughts. Then later when (if) I have time, I organize them and cross them out of my notebook. I usually have lists of stuff to do, as well as book and music titles I want to remember to look into, etc. When enough things in one category pile up, like books I want to read, I'll write them into a 3 ring binder I keep with straightforward, categorized, ongoing lists. Half the time, my scribbles never make it into the organized binder, but at least once my thoughts are written down, I don't have to worry about completely forgetting.

If something is super important, like a deadline, I just email a reminder to myself, since my favorite pastime is wasting time on the Internet. Works a billion times better than a calendar, for me.