• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] New things.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've read that in general Ns are all about new things, ideas and experiences. I know as an INTP I spend a lot of time focusing on further understanding new theories and concepts - for example right now I'm very interested in human communication, rapport building techniques, body language etc but in a month or two I'll probably be studying maneuver warfare or micro economics. As NFs, what sort of New things get your attention? What are you interested in right now?

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What other sort of things have gotten your interest?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've read that in general Ns are all about new things, ideas and experiences. I know as an INTP I spend a lot of time focusing on further understanding new theories and concepts - for example right now I'm very interested in human communication, rapport building techniques, body language etc but in a month or two I'll probably be studying maneuver warfare or micro economics. As NFs, what sort of New things get your attention? What are you interested in right now?

A list of things that continually get my attention:

Making art
Psychology
Fish keeping
Quantum Physics
Astronomy
Mythology
Sculpting
Travelling
Programming
Gaming
Ecosystems
Microcosms
Urban legends
Designing buildings

Uh...I think that's it for now...

It's always growing...

Edit: Note how somethings are purely conceptual and somethings are purely physical. Not everything is concepts with me. I like doing things, too.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Interesting. Do you invest a lot of time in these things?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. Do you invest a lot of time in these things?

A few things occupy most of my time. Making art is a "job", so I end up investing a lot of time. Most of the other things get surges of time spent in them, then long periods of nothing...then another surge.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Writing as much as possible. Like different genres and topics and ideas. I can never get bored of it. :D

^Same goes for reading as above.

Tarot has interested me lately, and I'm googling different ways to use my cards. I don't believe it, but I like to see what they say. Same goes for palm reading.

Psycology, obviously. It's why I'm here. :D But more specifically, people.

Stuff like the meanings of different flowers and stones and such. That interests me greatly. I want to look up constellations and stuff, too.

Mythology. Sometimes, it's off and on.

Unusual sports. Usually not requiring a ball. (...the leather kind, thanks.)

Theater. I used to obsess over how theater worked and performing and singing and everything.

Okay, I know I already said writing, but the structure of words might be another section entirely. Like how to write something in different ways. More poetic, more concise, more subtle, etc...

Mhm, that's most. But there's certainly more. :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Growing up I was very much into the arts - music (oboe and piano), dancing (ballet), and art/creativity/painting. This was a constant from childhood up through college. Starting about junior high I also became very interested in birdwatching, so learning about all of the North American birds was really interesting for me. Also loved science subjects in school.

In college I chose Ecology, Ethology, and Evolution as a major, because I am interested in all three.

Post-college, I went through a philosophy phase, and was reading/interested in philosophy for about 2 yrs. At the same time I was wanting to learn more about history and science subjects (mostly physics as applicable to the formation of the universe), so was reading a lot of that too. Also read some books on buddhism.

Other 'new things' in my 20's were getting into watercolor painting, rock climbing, **traveling**, and photography. And throughout my 20's I've been very much drawn to psychology and personality stuff (go figure;)). Oh, scrabble and playing games too.

Random thing a year or so ago - became interested in the Congo region of Africa, so purchased a book on the region and was mesmerized by what I learned. Also spent a fair amount of time Wikipedia-ing (haha) a lot of stuff on Africa. Similar could be said about other countries/cultures - a yr or so ago I went through a kick of reading fictional novels by several Indian authors, and that was really interesting for me.

'New thing' for me now is uprooting myself from MN and moving to a new state to explore a new place, shake up my life a bit, and kick the cobwebs out of my been-here-for-9-yrs brain.

I find I start to feel I'm 'stagnating' every couple of years, mentally, so sometimes that means picking up new interests or learning new things, and sometimes it means a physical change of location or a new job to learn.

And another constant throughout my entire life - reading books. :)

New things/experiences are a constant need in my life.

S

Sniffles

Right now?

Travelling/living abroad
French language/culture/philosophy
On the above note: I've actually developed a taste for French folk music, which I never really cared for before. I usually prefered Italian folk music instead.
American Civil War

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Final Fantasy 3 and having all of them beaten between hubby and me
Learning French
Kings and Better Off Ted
Survivor
Philosophy
Psychology
Stand Up Comedy- doing my own act and watching other people's
Current workplace conditions and workplace culture
Stock Market- Economics
I am in a real playing video games and reading mode and working on my comedy mode- usually I am more into crafts or cooking- composing- writing poetry or songs
My interests are all over the place and go through cycles and are constantly changing- I can relate very much to the poster's thread here.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
As NFs, what sort of New things get your attention? What are you interested in right now?

I love this topic! I am always telling my friends, "I NEED NEW!" It's pretty general, but probably new people... new relationships... new potential for relationships... new experiences... tell me something I don't know that has to do with someone I do know and you've got me.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
I love this topic! I am always telling my friends, "I NEED NEW!" It's pretty general, but probably new people... new relationships... new potential for relationships... new experiences... tell me something I don't know that has to do with someone I do know and you've got me.

How about a new life?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Human behavior - My own research
Mental disorders
Arts - Drawing, singing, dancing, walking, speaking, juggling
Analyze myself
Personality types
Fishing
Frogs
Drugs - nowadays without trying them out
How to explain colours in the best way without mentioning the actual colour. Same for taste.
Philosophy
Cultural differences
What type most chinese seem to have. . . (Damn hard to type)
Food
Making vivid images in my own head and revealing them to my spouse
Complaints - Hahaha. xD
Languages
Massage
Sex - Making up new ways to play around
Hiking

A little of everything everywhere. I like broad knowledge and prefer to go in-depth at my own pace.
And I prefer anything I'm not going to school for. xD

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I've read that in general Ns are all about new things, ideas and experiences. I know as an INTP I spend a lot of time focusing on further understanding new theories and concepts - for example right now I'm very interested in human communication, rapport building techniques, body language etc but in a month or two I'll probably be studying maneuver warfare or micro economics.
I'm the same way! I LOVE learning anything and everything new that excites me.. mostly stuff that intrigue me are ways in which people think, the way things work? Anything from cooking, art, watercolor, photography, computers, technology, anything (except for office job-type related things... :shock:- paperwork? Man- if anything scares me most? It's gottabe paperwork, staying in a confined office).

I need to be free to do what I want, when I want. I don't know. I like too many things.. :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dominant Ni function is quite strong and is always interested in new things (I call them "shinies", because I'm drawn to them like a magpie to shiny objects). The effect is intensified if the shiny is related to one of my many areas of interest.

In no particular order, these include:

Psychology
Science and technology
MBTI
Enneagram
Tarot
Astrology (yeah, I'm an Astrologer/Scientist and quite comfortable with the apparent paradox)
Railways
Travel
History
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Role-playing games