• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] does anyone else like to say weird or random things

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haven't you ever say something that's even random to you?

For me my Ne is crazy and random, always, but it also always has a connection that I can see, the random things I say are always prompted by something else, something external I see/hear/etc spins into something else in my mind resulting in saying something others may perceive as random, to me it never is.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, never. Always make sense, every time, because I'm so serious. Serious is my middle name.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Honestly, no. At least it is not random or weird to me. What frustrates me is when something very much has meaning to me & makes sense to me & others view it as random. I don't consider myself weird, but I suppose I have moments in which I come off that way to others. Trying to be weird is kind of lame anyway...

I never say anything outlandish just to get attention...I don't really do much to seek attention though.
It's not really for attention (well not always...) It's great fun making up nonsense especially when what started out as randomness ends up somewhere. I often do that when I'm alone. "Trying to be weird" is the last thing on my mind. Although I can see how people will see it as being weird and perhaps childish.

For me my Ne is crazy and random, always, but it also always has a connection that I can see, the random things I say are always prompted by something else, something external I see/hear/etc spins into something else in my mind resulting in saying something others may perceive as random, to me it never is.
Yes, it's the same for my Ni. There's always a connection between things. I like to call it "random" because I don't have a specific purpose in mind. Essentially it's undirected open exploration, purely Ni at play.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well sort of, I do make remarks that are at odds with the philosophy or idea of what most people tend to think and then are disinterested in talking because its too weird.

However in school I used to say the most random things ever and I'd get these funny looks from people going what the heck was that so yes.

lane777

nevermore
Like Cookie cutter monster cooks crazy coconut... Crazy coconut monster cutter cookie? Crazy coco monster Cut-a cookie. Cookie katta monster crazy nut. Cookie kitty cad-a crazy nut. Cookie kitty had a crazy nut!

teehee :smile:

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
For the value of the random thing said in and of its own right yet presented in an interesting way, or for the shock value of the randomness itself?

For example, at work there is someone who will try to be funny by saying inappropriate things. It really doesn't matter what he says, you could interchange a lot of different equally inappropriate phrases; it's the shock value that he's going for.

Or, do you mean something kind of funny in its own right, made hilarious by its spontaneous introduction into the situation?

I find the latter to be more humorous. I usually do not say something spontaneous with the goal of introducing humor into the situation, until I think I've got a good one. I'm more of a sniper when it comes to that rather than spraying the area with suppressing fire.

:)

I dont really like the first type listed & prefer the latter.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I say things that are perceived as weird and random frequently.

I wouldn't say it was all that intentional though...

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've always been this way. Especially when I don't monitor my filter that much. I love being random. I'll text people random things all the time just for the hect of it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Occasionally I'll say a random thing or two but not too often. Like OrangeAppled said, I might say things other perceive as weird but they always make sense in my head. But I think I'm a very good judge as far as knowing when to allow (or not allow) myself to say certain things.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
CORN
HAMBURGER
COW
SHERIFF