User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

ENFJ are like fine lingerie, we reveal everything except that which is important.
    An apt description.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bearette View Post
    but see...we're close friends. is this worth throwing a friendship out over?

also, as we finish a study program in 2 months, after which i probably won't see him often, i don't know if it makes sense to separate myself completely at this time. but it makes sense to separate somewhat...i guess.
    You probably have 2 more months of suffering then
    Once you're not around him so much & get over your romantic interest, you may find it possible to rekindle the friendship again without any hope for something more.
    I may always find a past crush attractive, but once I get over the intense initial infatuation I can handle a friendship.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by TTR
    See this is the thing that confuses people, we are open but not completely open. The best way that I can describe it is that ENFJs are like fine lingerie, we reveal everything except that which is important.
    I'm pretty darn sure I couldn't have described it better! We may look like g-strings but we are actually the much more tasteful thong style.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Lookin4 THERE you are..have totally missed you!!

a thong...ok I guess
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Must be the Ne/Fi edge?
    my impression is that Ne is the ultimate get-out-of-a-trap problem-solving function, whereas Ni can kind of dwell on why everything is the way it is, how things are connected, etc, which is not always a helpful process when you just need to free yourself from a situation of find a way to make it work so that you can move forward. we are more focused on changing the situation to be exactly what we want or feeling the chasm resulting in the difference between the situation and what we had hoped for. whereas Ne-Fi can find a number of potential solutions and dwell on the good, happy, positive outcomes as they are without worrying about how that connects to what was and what was hoped for as much.

infps like in the op have it harder bc their judgment is their dominant function so it's harder to let go of their decision/desired decision. the more they use Ne, the more they will be freed from their feelings singular focus. just like diffused and massaged out and dissolved/unconcentrated away/released.