User Tag List

123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default So I'm walking through the supermarket...

...how can I spot that INFJ girl I've been seeking?

a) Is she the one looking curiously at the peanut butter etiqette?
    b) Is she the one keeping a visual inventory of her cart by constantly checking what's inside?
    c) Is the the one that stares at the vegetables attempting to make a choice for tonights supper?
    d) Is she the one that doesn't do her groceries in the supermarket?

I'm very serious. I never seem meet INFJ's in real life. Must find out where to look!

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm...when I go shopping, I'm usually the one constantly checking my cart to see what I've got and trying to remember what I need [if I haven't brought a list along with me]. I'm also the one with my phone out, using the calculator function to make sure that I can get as many items as I can without going over my set budget...
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ

1.5% of the population, according to the estimates of INFJ (Confidant) Personality Type - Jungian.

That's hard right off the bat. D) I think, instead of the supermarket, you should check where you might find an INFJ: a library or at a rally or activist group, any place where you might find a quiet visionary. or E) Maybe a health food supermarket, people who devote time to spiritual growth also enjoy physical and mental health.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hmm, both bring forth good and strong arguements! A library might be a good place to observe. I can just take a book and read. It's also very easy to initiate conversation in a library.

There aren't many activists/rally groups around where I live, and I doubt that would be a particularly good place to get aquinted with people for the sake of getting to know them.

"Hey, you're also a supporter?"
    "Well, not exactly, I'm trying to get to ehh, know a certain type of person?"
    *deathly stare*

my female FiNe mate (a dichotomy judger) has a very straight forward way of shopping. in and out. focused. may have a list in mind or on paper. i on the other hand (NiFe, dichotomy perceiver) sort of meditate in shops, looking for nonduality in the humming sound of a refrigerator (a shop girl has been asking me, if i am sick), or stumble around like inspector columbo (ie 'absent minded professor') or maybe/sometimes i almost dance around, to the music in my ipod (sansa e280 actually). i try to feel into my appetite, while looking at the products, which takes long, because i am very bad at feeling/sensing that. i am struggling with my discipline. not to buy just sweets. or i am struggling with fatigue because i had it all before. in the meanwhile i observe as much people as i can.

but it's mostly a habit. i have time to waste. i could be straight forward too.

MBTI
    INFJ

A bookstore may be better than a library. You might get shushed in a library.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, here in the Netherlands, libraries aren't as strict as the libraries I see in the movies all the time.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm very much like Nanook when it comes to grocery shopping. If I'm not looking for something in particular, it takes me forever. But if I have a list I tend to hover back and forth between two brands to make sure I can get the better deal. I listen to my iPod all the time too.

How would you start a conversation with them anyways? I always get held back if there isn't an obvious icebreaker in the environment. I -really- don't like consciously being random.

For a more non-usual way to find them:
    I know 2 INFJs from City of Villains, an MMO. If you go to the Virtue server and situate yourself in a strong Roleplay group, you'll be surrounded by INFJs
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

That's interesting, before I even read any of the other posts I was going to say I tend to dawdle, take my time and listen to my iPod! Seeing that others have posted the same, I would say you need to look for that girl who takes her time and listens to her iPod. Maybe she observes people, but in a disengaged way. And I try not to frown but have a relaxed face or a hint of a smile (the idea being that I look friendly, but maybe I just look slightly deranged).

Anyway, the inherent problem with this scenario is that when you DO go and approach an INFJ in the supermarket, she will smile at you, kindly listen to what you are saying, but give disengaged answers that say "I'm sure you mean well and I am not a bad tempered person so I will be friendly to you, but could you go away now please? I have just reached a very good song on my iPod and I am in the mood to emotionally tap into the specific feeling of that song and not really to engage in any E-type activities."

Or maybe that's just me...

Shame I don't frequent the Albert Heyn any more these days - they don't have them in New Zealand

yeah, it's very hard to get me to open up to a stranger. a year ago the sweetest girl approached me in the supermarket and I discouraged her immediately, fearing that her true interest can not possibly be an interest in who i actually am. maybe she is scientifically curious about indigenous creatures (her physiognomy had something very curious about it), maybe she has made a bet with her girlfriends about getting information out of that weirdo. most likely she just confuses me with someone ... normal. you know, the normal guy who is a bit off in an entertaining/interesting way. not off for real. i still hope i will see her again one day, and be more daring, but i probably would just play the same game again. instinctive reaction.

so, if she were like me, trying twice would be a good idea. giving her a chance to feel stupid, and to sleep about it.