First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Heh, that's weird. I thought 5w4s were usually INTP or even INTJ. How are you sure that you're INFP if you turn out as a dom 5 in the enneagram?
    Correlation, but not causation. 5 INFPs are entirely possible, though uncommon. Along with 4 INTs.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Correlation, but not causation. 5 INFPs are entirely possible, though uncommon. Along with 4 INTs.
    Right, which is why I said "usually." I never said it was impossible (I already know this, thanks). I am just asking her, given the pretty strong tendency for INTPs to be 5s, how she knows she is INFP. Not that she isn't, or that I'm insinuating that she isn't.

I'm just curious about her specific case because I have been confused over whether I am INTP or INFP, and I thought that my enneagram 5 was pretty strong evidence in favor of INTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Right, which is why I said "usually." I never said it was impossible (I already know this, thanks). I am just asking her, given the pretty strong tendency for INTPs to be 5s, how she knows she is INFP. Not that she isn't, or that I'm insinuating that she isn't.
    Right. Woops.

I'm just curious about her specific case because I have been confused over whether I am INTP or INFP, and I thought that my enneagram 5 was pretty strong evidence in favor of INTP.
    Hmm... I C.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Self-preservation variant

Type 4 SP
    Type 5 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 1 SP
    Type 9 SP
    Type 2 SP
    Type 3 SX
    Type 8 SX
    Type 7 SO
    I've tested 4w5 before... so this makes sense.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Heh, that's weird. I thought 5w4s were usually INTP or even INTJ. How are you sure that you're INFP if you turn out as a dom 5 in the enneagram?
    There no mistaking that Fi, and I'm a strong empathic. Officially I'm INXP, (Via professional testing). If it helps my 4 wing is almost equal. I think Geoff posted some where an excellent theory on why so many INFPs and INTP test boarderline, it wouldn't surprise me if that theory translated well into ennegram as well, at least in my case.
    Analytical is the first word people used to describe me, both professionally and personally (then it's sensitive, but that's a whole other story).
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    There no mistaking that Fi. Officially I'm INXP.
    What's Fi to you such that you can't mistake it? Sorry if this is derailing the thread a bit. I appreciate any help you can give me here .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    There no mistaking that Fi, and I'm a strong empathic. Officially I'm INXP, (Via professional testing). If it helps my 4 wing is almost equal. I think Geoff posted some where an excellent theory on why so many INFPs and INTP test boarderline, it wouldn't surprise me if that theory translated well into ennegram as well, at least in my case.
    Analytical is the first word people used to describe me, both professionally and personally (then it's sensitive, but that's a whole other story).
    I'm pretty much exactly the same.

I'm certain I am a INFP yet I have a strong NT side for some reason, and as such I always test and identify with 5w4.

I use FI and NE a lot, but my TI is also rather developed, probably from living with my INTP partner for 5 years haha. My use of FI is astronomical though, I use it far too much in my daily life. Everything I weigh against my values, I'm constantly searching for my own meaning and the meaning of everything else and I analyse pretty much everything, but not in a logical way

I dunno, I'm not sure how to explain how I use FI. I spend too much of my time just day dreaming hehe.

Actually, now I'm confused.

And the fact I am confused and doubting my FI use makes me a INFP, yaaaaay!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Well, keep in mind that logic can be one of Fi's values. And combined with a developed Te, can make an INFP look like an INTP. Doesn't happen as often in reverse. Fi and Ti are pretty similiar. They're highly similiar processes, but they utilize different information.

And stuff.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You are most likely a type 9 (the Peacemaker) with 1 wing

Self-preservation variant

Type 9 SP
    Type 6 SO
    Type 1 SP
    Type 5 SO
    Type 2 SO
    Type 4 SO
    Type 3 SP
    Type 7 SP
    Type 8 SX
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Well, keep in mind that logic can be one of Fi's values. And combined with a developed Te, can make an INFP look like an INTP. Doesn't happen as often in reverse. Fi and Ti are pretty similiar. They're highly similiar processes, but they utilize different information.
    Indeed, that's the conclusion I came to.

My partner thinks a lot differently to me, and he's a text-book INTP. He thinks about things much more objectively than I, but we both have our own brand of logic, or the way we interpret things. NT's are not always amazingly logical when they start arguing within fallacies, but I think that's more unhealthy NT behaviour, possibly?

In terms of values, fairness is perhaps my biggest value. I don't care about what people feel about things if they're being unfair, fairness first, compassion second in my book. You find a lot of tests online where that is a NT trait, and not a NF one, but it's one of my values, dammit!