User Tag List

View Poll Results: Generally speaking, which do you think is the more forgiving type?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

24 19.51%
  • INFP

70 56.91%
  • Don't know.

29 23.58%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFJ vs INFP -- which is more forgiving?

I've been thinking about this for a while now. What do you think? Let's assume we're speaking of reasonably "healthy" (whatever that means) representatives of both types.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think INFP is more likely to say they forgive you, but will probably hold onto that moment forever where it will come back to haunt you someday.

INFJs are probably less forgiving, but are less likely to hold a grudge.

imo

I think this is an Fi vs Fe thing
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)
    Likes Arctic Hysteria, jcloudz, Nørrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As an INFP, I forgive & move on relatively easily, but past-hurts do come up sometimes. It's less of a grudge against another as a memory that pains me.

When I do hold a grudge, then it's bad & never dies . It's usually the result of no action taken to make amends; time does not heal wounds in that case, not for me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I work with an INFP and every day I purposefully try to offend him just to then try to seek forgiveness. It works every single time.

Either that or I pretend to be offended by something he does and then seek an apology.

INFPs are like an emotional sponge a manipulative person can soak or wring dry at will for their own pleasure. So I'd say INFP.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Either that or I pretend to be offended by something he does and then seek an apology.
    Really? It's hard to get an apology out of me (because I am always right anyway, muwhaha). "I'm sorry" only crosses my lips for minor offenses like bumping into someone.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, maybe it's not the verbal "I'm sorry" but if I go really quiet for long enough and pretend to be mad sooner or later he'll try to get a warm response out of me.

But I read apologies into things like singing songs about me.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Depends on the relations involved.

An INFP in love would be very forgiving towards their partner. Whereas an INFJ might go around killing you instead.

Just my two cents, don't do anything that needs forgiving. They're at their best then.
    Likes GIjade liked this post

MBTI
    fool

INFJ view of it: For good or bad, I can't stay mad / hold a grudge / not forgive when forgiveness is pleaded. When my trust has been betrayed, I will probably show it much more intensely than an INFP, but when the emotion cools down, it's gone. It doesn't mean it couldn't take a long time if the betrayal has been severe, but I tend to forgive, cause I don't feel the emotion for long and I can understand the justifications for the person's actions. Not to say there are things that I would probably never be able to forgive - haven't come across for anything like that, but it'd prolly have to do with my values or if the person violates that trust in the first place over and over again and uses my forgiviness that way. I think.

I think it's a Fi Fe thing. When ISFP and I have fights, she tends to hold on grudges for a long time, probably forever, although she will always forgive if you mean the sorry - but I think she has some sort of map inside of her head which has blueprints of our every fight.

But I kind of agree with the poll - INFPs are probably more forgiving. Yes.

MBTI
    INFP

Ha! I am the queen of "un-forgiveness"! Again, not because I am out to get you. Because I just kind of...never get over things. Sometimes, they randomly crawl back to haunt me and I need to get away. I never let you know you've hurt me that badly, I'll shrug it off in front of you for decency's sake. I find my clinging to past hurts pretty unproductive, kind of immature and also not acceptable. I'm way too easily hurt, it's actually embarrassing.
    Besides I tend not to forgive myself either(not sure if it's an INFP thing). Maybe INFJs forgive themselves better and can therefore move on faster as well?
    But I really feel that OrangeAppled was spot on for me.(Psht, of course we're always right
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-
    Likes Rune liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'll forgive but things will never be the same again. There will always be a part of me that is mistrustful and cautious, even if I try to shake it off.
    Likes windoverlake, xXMariahXx, GIjade liked this post