User Tag List

View Poll Results: Generally speaking, which do you think is the more forgiving type?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

24 19.51%
  • INFP

70 56.91%
  • Don't know.

29 23.58%
First 34567 Last

I'm more of a grudge person. Not saying I plot revenge or let it bother me to the point of burden (hence the need for forgiveness in some people). I just think it's important to remember the burn.....for self preservation reasons.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

Do INFJs think that they are forgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    I'd say INFJs are one of the least forgiving of all the types, with some caveats.

Small things I can forgive relatively easily. I don't get easily offended by inconsequential power plays or failure to follow social niceties or things of that sort that some other types seem to bristle at. If I feel that the other party is not being mean-spirited, I usually let things slide.

HOWEVER.

The bigger, make-me-cry type of things in which I feel the other person was being vicious.... Oooh I hold onto that for years. It's rare for me to forgive serious, emotional betrayals like backstabbing or abandonment. It's like I'm a very caring, emotionally open person until a sacred line is crossed and then I shut the other person out forever.
    An INFJ admits.

Phew.. faith in humanity restored.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hijynx View Post
    I'm more of a grudge person. Not saying I plot revenge or let it bother me to the point of burden (hence the need for forgiveness in some people). I just think it's important to remember the burn.....for self preservation reasons.
    I can forgive if the other person truly feels sorry for his/her words/actions. Although the memory remains... It's like Hijynx said, it's not about planning a revenge, it's more personal thing, like a lesson learned about the human nature.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi
    Likes SearchingforPeace, labyrinthine, Rune liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hijynx View Post
    Precisely. And if you are going to choose to 'forget' the burn, one does so as a leap of faith. Second chances depend upon faith entirely.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    Precisely. And if you are going to choose to 'forget' the burn, one does so as a leap of faith. Second chances depend upon faith entirely.
    Or a poor memory.
    As a general rule, I think both INFJs and INFPs remember details about their interactions with people. We can remember both the good and the bad without trying too hard. It has surprised me that not everyone does this. Other people forget former interactions with people as easily as I forget what other people were wearing last week. I don't typically forget much that ever held my attention, so I remember the good experiences as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes windoverlake, MyCupOfTea liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Or a poor memory.
    As a general rule, I think both INFJs and INFPs remember details about their interactions with people. We can remember both the good and the bad without trying too hard. It has surprised me that not everyone does this. Other people forget former interactions with people as easily as I forget what other people were wearing last week. I don't typically forget much that ever held my attention, so I remember the good experiences as well.
    Yes, that's very true. I do say that I forget, but it would be more accurate to say that I 'forget', because I still retain it in the memory bank as it was an important experience. What I meant by 'forget', though, is to say that once I've doorslammed I'm not actively thinking and remembering and reliving the event. On occasion, if I'm reminded I will do all those things, but it's more of a reaction than anything else; and once I'm finished ruminating and re-processing I'm onto something else. And I totally get you on the good and the bad. I still have very fond feelings for those I've also cut out of my life.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFPs. Even the internet trolls. Especially the internet trolls. Yeah, yeah, we "never forget" how you hosed us. We also "never forget" telling you that the rare card in your Pokemon pack was lamer than ours.

I'm sure there are some hardasses among us who would consign Hitler to Hell, but combing the earth for the 13 INFPs who wouldn't shame God for creating Hell in the first place is not the most productive use of your time.

INFPs are soft. Every schoolkid knows it. Your evil ex knows it. And your parents really know it. The fact that we conquered our steely inner landscapes like American settlers storming the continent doesn't change the fact that we could have never Jacksoned the Indians. A "weak" INFP is just someone who doesn't demand sincerity with your apology. But if you are sorry, and make any effort to not suck, all is forgiven.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I voted INFJ because I think INFPs are more likely to hold grudges which is something that is somewhat foreign to me.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I voted INFJ because I think INFPs are more likely to hold grudges which is something that is somewhat foreign to me.
    Sometimes i wonder whether you are a e6.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Sometimes i wonder whether you are a e6.
    Or an INTJ.