User Tag List

View Poll Results: Generally speaking, which do you think is the more forgiving type?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

24 19.51%
  • INFP

70 56.91%
  • Don't know.

29 23.58%
First 8910

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

INFJs. Aux. feeling. They kick you out based on Ni. INFPs kick you out based on Fi. INFJs are more harsh about it but less likely to do it.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes Dreamer, yama liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by florpoetis View Post
    I was going to say INFP because I do try to understand everyone's point of view and know that everyone makes mistakes so I forgive often BUT it also depends on the situation. I never, ever forget if someone does something shitty that hurts me deeply. And like what's mentioned above, I can hold spite inside forever and all of a sudden unleash rage/revenge unexpectedly.

I do this all the time too. I cut people out of my life ruthlessly.
    Maybe I'm a mean INFP? Lol
    I too, do the same. It actually takes A LOT, for me to dislike someone. People could wrong me left and right, and I'll most likely forgive them, so long as I feel they're genuine about their apology. If they cross the wrong line with me though, or cause deep emotional pain, I shut the door on them so fast without second thought. At that point, it can be difficult for me to allow that person back into my life. Even if I do, there will always be that tinge from when they did hurt me so deeply. A deep emotion is never easy to forget. Tie that with a person, and it can be hard to overcome when someone has overstepped an Fi boundary of yours.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Please let this thread die. Let's focus on the individual not the mbti group. You only find their mbti when you've been around them long enough to know if they can forgive you for basic things or not.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think I'm completely qualified to answer this, but I am an INFP and it seems pretty easy for me to forgive people.
    INFJ's are very nice and they do forgive people often, but they can't last forever, I don't think.

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

From what I can say, if an INFJ forgives you, he or she either likes you a lot and thinks that you do deserve a second shot, or he or she is slowly going to make you put your guard down and you'll end up either sobbing or bleeding, or better yet, a cocktail of both. INFP's are much more likely to forgive and forget, INFJ's do forgive, but they are not likely to forget.
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Glados View Post
    INFJ's do forgive, but they are not likely to forget.
    Ditto. I never ever forget if someone truly wrongs me. And my forgiveness is more of a "I need to move on, this is not healthy" than a cristian forgiveness thing.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    INFJ view of it: For good or bad, I can't stay mad / hold a grudge / not forgive when forgiveness is pleaded. When my trust has been betrayed, I will probably show it much more intensely than an INFP, but when the emotion cools down, it's gone. It doesn't mean it couldn't take a long time if the betrayal has been severe, but I tend to forgive, cause I don't feel the emotion for long and I can understand the justifications for the person's actions. Not to say there are things that I would probably never be able to forgive - haven't come across for anything like that, but it'd prolly have to do with my values or if the person violates that trust in the first place over and over again and uses my forgiviness that way. I think.

I think it's a Fi Fe thing. When ISFP and I have fights, she tends to hold on grudges for a long time, probably forever, although she will always forgive if you mean the sorry - but I think she has some sort of map inside of her head which has blueprints of our every fight.

But I kind of agree with the poll - INFPs are probably more forgiving. Yes.
    I can totally agree with this. INFJs forgive mainly because the emotion cools down and you just end up understanding.
    INFPs might feel it longer and even so they are more forgiving! They are so lovely! hahahahhahaha

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I think it depends on the offense and the intent (or lack of) of the offender. I'm not the doormat many other types seem to think INFPs are. I've walked away from long term friendships but not over trivialities. Over my life I've rarely stayed mad at someone for years or permanently. That doesn't mean I won't dismiss you for it however. I will forgive you and forget you.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Depends on the relations involved.

An INFP in love would be very forgiving towards their partner. Whereas an INFJ might go around killing you instead.
    I second this. I'm an INFP, and with the people I love, there is no end to my forgiveness. It's because my love is hard-won--it takes me a long time to love someone and even longer to let myself get close to them, and I'm not willing to throw that away easily.

BUT with people who I don't love, I can hold on to a grudge until the world's end. I might forgive, with time, but forgetting is nearly out of the question. It's not a pleasant quality, and it's one I've tried to work on.