User Tag List

123 Last

Banned

Default Cultivating the F?

So, I'm a really, really lop-sided T and I'm wondering if there's a way to develop one's F? I have no desire to become more "P" and I'm fairly balanced with regard to the other functions, so I'm here. I just get the feeling that I'm missing a big chunk of life as a result of having my F functions so thoroughly buried under the Ts. Is there any hope? Can the grinch grow a heart? I'd love to hear from anyone who has any input to offer.

MBTI
    INFJ

Super Fe to the rescue!

Hm, talking to a T person, I'd recommend maybe reading up on physiological signs of emotion. Some of them are literally impossible to hide.

I don't know if it can be taught. Definitely logic takes a backseat to feelings in the moment, though.

MBTI
    INFP

What part of F is it that you like/want/admire... depending on that I would say that the method would be different. Also Fi and Fe are very different so it might be good for you to clarity which you prefer.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes

This may help you. I developed Te and my life got immediately better, developing Fi is a wise choice.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes

This may help you. I developed Te and my life got immediately better, developing Fi is a wise choice.
    Great link!

MBTI
    INTJ

Add one extra minute to important decision making moments.

Like, when you have to make some substantial decision about your involvement in a new project, or your next step in something big. That minute should be quiet and simple, a little like meditation. Basically, you close your eyes, settle, and wait for one minute, during which time you stop thinking of the decision as pressing. Images and reactions will come to you. They may be startling or unpleasant or comfortable and settled. Some part of that minute will be Fi talking to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pure_sterling View Post
    What part of F is it that you like/want/admire... depending on that I would say that the method would be different. Also Fi and Fe are very different so it might be good for you to clarity which you prefer.

At this point, I'm not even sure. It's been so long since I've felt anything other than curiosity or irritation that I will take whatever I can get. The last time I felt anything that remotely resembled glee, it was at the end of a 45 line proof...lame on any account.

My Fe and Fi are both so incredibly teeny on the eight function scale, that I honestly don't have a clue where to begin. I should add that I do feel great love for my children, but being the screwball T that I am, even when I have these waves of emotion for them my first thought is "oh that's just oxytocin".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Add one extra minute to important decision making moments.

Like, when you have to make some substantial decision about your involvement in a new project, or your next step in something big. That minute should be quiet and simple, a little like meditation. Basically, you close your eyes, settle, and wait for one minute, during which time you stop thinking of the decision as pressing. Images and reactions will come to you. They may be startling or unpleasant or comfortable and settled. Some part of that minute will be Fi talking to you.
    I think that's why I killed it a zillion years ago. I just cannot stand that discomfort, but know I avoiding it is starting to take it's toll. I look at other people and think, I should be feeling something.

Occasionally, when I'm alone outside (or in traffic of all places...something about the endless sea of cars, each one containing an entire reality) I'll have a bout of sublimity but that is generally followed by a wave of nausea and then semi-panic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post

My Fe and Fi are both so incredibly teeny on the eight function scale, that I honestly don't have a clue where to begin. I should add that I do feel great love for my children, but being the screwball T that I am, even when I have these waves of emotion for them my first thought is "oh that's just oxytocin".
    Something like this ?

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (3.7)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.8)
    limited use

Banned

-**************** Te
    -**************** Ti
    -************ Ne
    -********* Si
    -******** Fi
    -*** Se
    -* Fe
    - Ni

Looks like Fe is the real hurtin' unit here. Just the same, the Fi is quite pathetic relative to the two Ts. Any thoughts on Fe-ness folks?