User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

Where's the sig pic from?

Ah whatever. You say ENTJ and you like it, so you're ENTJ until further notice.

At which point I realise I'm INTJ and giving advice on developing feeling.

Really, the big thing I notice about ENTJs I've known is they're so on the move. They haven't been planners like me. They haven't often waited on strategy. For them, to discover a solution is to implement a solution.

I don't know if this is true, but it looks a little like ENTJs do just because they can do. To be themselves, they need to be doing. So the question "Do I find it valuable to do this?" kinda already always has a default answer of "You betcha, I'm me, and I do!"

So, just looking at the ENTJs I know, I think the big thing for them is making choices about where and when to work. And it's a tough choice because working is what they do, and choosing not to work on something, anything, is like negating themselves.

But it isn't really. If they've chosen this project over that project based on a feeling of right and wrong, then their work becomes that much more substantial. It becomes their body of work. It's the thing they create.

So, best and only advice I have is, make some time for the outside consultant, Fi. A moment or so to let the reactions and images come into your head when some commitment is about to be made. Over time I'm guessing there'll start being a pattern. You'll get to know more about your personal reactions to what you do and how you do it.

Any other feely activity isn't likely to make the efficiency cut for an ENTJ. So if you want to cultivate the F, make it about something real. Take a moment to steer your own choices about work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Where's the sig pic from?

Ah whatever. You say ENTJ and you like it, so you're ENTJ until further notice.

At which point I realise I'm INTJ and giving advice on developing feeling.

Really, the big thing I notice about ENTJs I've known is they're so on the move. They haven't been planners like me. They haven't often waited on strategy. For them, to discover a solution is to implement a solution.

I don't know if this is true, but it looks a little like ENTJs do just because they can do. To be themselves, they need to be doing. So the question "Do I find it valuable to do this?" kinda already always has a default answer of "You betcha, I'm me, and I do!"

So, just looking at the ENTJs I know, I think the big thing for them is making choices about where and when to work. And it's a tough choice because working is what they do, and choosing not to work on something, anything, is like negating themselves.

But it isn't really. If they've chosen this project over that project based on a feeling of right and wrong, then their work becomes that much more substantial. It becomes their body of work. It's the thing they create.

So, best and only advice I have is, make some time for the outside consultant, Fi. A moment or so to let the reactions and images come into your head when some commitment is about to be made. Over time I'm guessing there'll start being a pattern. You'll get to know more about your personal reactions to what you do and how you do it.

Any other feely activity isn't likely to make the efficiency cut for an ENTJ. So if you want to cultivate the F, make it about something real. Take a moment to steer your own choices about work.
    I like these suggestions, and I suspect I might be able to put them to work. I don't think I could do it with people at this point and that makes me a little sad, but perhaps I can work up to it. I just find the emotional lives of people, on the whole, utterly alien. I do not understand gut-driven arguments or life choices at all. I know I should try to a bit more, just because it's the way of the world and I make things harder on myself by remaining out to lunch. Might be nice to really fall in love some day too...

Honestly, I like the INTJ description a bit more for myself... but I am, admittedly, a doer. If I don't have a project or a goal I'm working toward, I do start to feel like I'm flailing aimlessly.

The signature is from MyPersonality.info - Personality Types and Multiple Intelligences Tests & Information . They have me pegged as a weird ENTJ too. Perhaps my N is coming up wobbly because of the Ni deficiency?