User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default NFs: Reality hits, do you hit back or give the other cheek?

I have a seriously strange defense mechanism. Every single time something is going awfully wrong in my life or the one of someone I care about I go into what I call "smoke screen shield" mode.

I just get a complete blockage of any piece of information from the outside that could trigger a negative emotional response. Usually it's a creepy little laughter and a light feeling when things are seriously going wrong. It's either accompanied by the thought that everything will be alright soon or by the feeling that this is all a "bad dream". The worse the situation is the stronger the belief that everything will improve gets and that I will get through it somehow. However, that belief is empty because the feeling accompanying it betrays it. It's "desperate hope".

Basically, an unhealthy dose of denial. Most of the people around me get over it rather quickly, get themselves together and act but I just stagnate for a long period until all hell breaks loose inside my mind. (aka: breakdown, depression, etc...)
    Afterward I'm able to move on.(not always entirely though)

Well, sometimes reality blows that smoke away and I'm just dumbstruck on the verge of thinking about jumping out the window. I feel "dead inside" could be the perfect sentence but it's not exactly the same because I feel like I'm "about to die". I've thought about it and I realize it could also simply be emotional immaturity disguised as "sensitivity".

Anyone here feel the same about "reality attacks"?
    I mean everyone goes through denial when some things go wrong. That's got absolutely nothing to do with type. I just wonder if NFs are more prone, if it's more pronounced or If I just need a " healthy good kick in the butt".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I withdraw from this world and escape to my own. People around me get really annoyed when I do that coz I just..emotionally disconnect. I'm physically present, but not mentally and definitely not emotionally. Meanwhile I'm either distracting myself in my mind with anything but the issue at hand, or I'm actually trying to really sort through it.

Ironically, often its issues that others cannot help me, which frustrates them to no end. And no matter how hard I try to fake that I am alright as I don't wanna burden them, they notice and keep asking..which then makes me feel guilty for not being present. It's such a lovely cycle
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

INFP=Fi, Ne, Si,

Maybe this is some sort of odd blocking of your Ne-the function that goes digging around externally making connections in the real world? Then you just lock your self away in your own universe and watch the world go by? Fi-Si hide you away in a little loop of not acknowledging the outside crap.

I used to do this much more often when I was a kid. I actually lived for years in a bubble of haze to keep me seperate from the chaos and hurt the outside world could give me. I put a big layer of nothing between me and them so that I could exist among them without being hurt by them. I believe they might call this avoidant personality disorder or some such stuff. I didnt start talking to most people till I became a waitress.

Now days I usually resort to a thinking mode and become pretty assertive. If under massive stress I totally shut everyone out, become really hypersenstive to rejection, and go hide. Normally it takes a few days to reemerge more stable. This happens rarely, maybe once a year. like an INFJ doorslam, but temporary.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I withdraw from this world and escape to my own. People around me get really annoyed when I do that coz I just..emotionally disconnect. I'm physically present, but not mentally and definitely not emotionally. Meanwhile I'm either distracting myself in my mind with anything but the issue at hand, or I'm actually trying to really sort through it.

Ironically, often its issues that others cannot help me, which frustrates them to no end. And no matter how hard I try to fake that I am alright as I don't wanna burden them, they notice and keep asking..which then makes me feel guilty for not being present. It's such a lovely cycle
    Going through the same thing at the moment and the "veil" just faded...Ew.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm an Ni user. Reality is *always* blindsiding me. If it's bad, I try to roll with it. If it's really bad, my internal processor scrams, red alert kicks on, and steel bars drop in front of all the doors and windows until the intruder is determined to be 1) outside and neutral, or 2) trapped inside, efficiently destroyed, and neutral.

I sound like an immune system.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't do this. I get angry that what I thought was going to happen didn't or that my image wasn't being fulfilled, but I adjust.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP

I cuss a lot and find some old furniture or something I can break and not care about later. Then eventually I calm down and Te kicks in to help me figure out a better solution than breaking everything I own. :rolleyes2:
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Oh yes. The cursing.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Oh yes. The cursing.
    Umm..yeah...I'm sure my upstairs neighbors heard all kinds of awful words the other morning when my cable was shut off...oops.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention driving. If I have nothing to break, I'll just go drive the crap out of my truck 'til I exhaust myself singing along with the radio...and still swearing, of course.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I love to swear-sing! I esp liked it in my own truck where I could burn a wheel out of a parking lot!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code