User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFs: Reality hits, do you hit back or give the other cheek?

4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Well, in response to cascadem and kyrielle: the example is too personal to be laid out in the open. I haven't "digested" well to be honest and now, I'm about to "vomit"all over the place. That's about the best way to describe it.
    Oh, sorry - just to clarify, I wasn't seeking out specifics from you. I was just commenting that without specifics my answer is going to be general and more vague. I totally understand not wanting to divulge on the situation. After all, this is a public arena!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

Even without the specifics, I think we get what you mean, Dwigie. I hope everything returns to equilibrium for you. *hug*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

When reality hits, if it is unfavorable, I will probably retreat and wallow for a bit (sometimes a looong while), then the imagination kicks back in. My imagination and capability to think of so many possibilities usually brings me through and gets me to hit back in a sense.

Sometimes I simply come to terms with reality when it seems to present a brick wall, and then I readjust my goals and move on to other avenues that still have possibilities.

For instance, if I am not happy with the reality of one area in my life, say my job, then I will focus my thoughts on another area, say my relationships. In the meantime, I recharge so maybe I can take another stab at what I seemed to give up on, since over time reality will change & a door may open up.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive