• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: Reality hits, do you hit back or give the other cheek?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, in response to cascadem and kyrielle: the example is too personal to be laid out in the open. I haven't "digested" well to be honest and now, I'm about to "vomit"all over the place. That's about the best way to describe it.

Oh, sorry - just to clarify, I wasn't seeking out specifics from you. I was just commenting that without specifics my answer is going to be general and more vague. :) I totally understand not wanting to divulge on the situation. After all, this is a public arena!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even without the specifics, I think we get what you mean, Dwigie. I hope everything returns to equilibrium for you. *hug*

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When reality hits, if it is unfavorable, I will probably retreat and wallow for a bit (sometimes a looong while), then the imagination kicks back in. My imagination and capability to think of so many possibilities usually brings me through and gets me to hit back in a sense.

Sometimes I simply come to terms with reality when it seems to present a brick wall, and then I readjust my goals and move on to other avenues that still have possibilities.

For instance, if I am not happy with the reality of one area in my life, say my job, then I will focus my thoughts on another area, say my relationships. In the meantime, I recharge so maybe I can take another stab at what I seemed to give up on, since over time reality will change & a door may open up.