User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

Wink ENFP's and the effects of music :)

do you enfp's get as affected by music as i do?

music always a relationship with my mood. i listen to a sad song and it puts me in a very peaceful, somber, mood.... when i'm feelin rebellious i blast my angry music and dance around shouting the lyrics.... right now im playing some soft hippie "campfire" music and i feel oh so relaxed and earthy and barefoot

music is sometimes the ONLY thing that can heal me from a bad funk, when no one seems to know how to talk me out of it. music always is able to get me pumped up, or calmed down, or anything else!

so tell me your thoughts about music anything or everything about music and you.

i just want to hear from some of my ENFP buddies because i feel we might have some weird different special perspectives that only an ENFP can provide you know, get a little more out there than just "i like this song. i do not like that song." i'm quite sure this applies to many other types as well, but i want to hear from my own species. hehe.

today's the day to bring out your ENFPliciousness. tell me of your wonderful thoughts on music music music. be as broad or specific as you like!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes i do...i have all the windows open and it's a gorgeous breezy day and i have old 70's music on...sitting here having an ice cream and i have that comfortable cozy feeling like when i was a kid.

and the other night it was cool and rainy all day...and i was feeling a bit bummed about something and i listened to this one miles davis track over and over while i took a nap on the couch

and when i clean my house...i like to turn up house music super loud and drink lots of coffee...

or...i can be driving down the road and an old song will come on the radio and i have to turn it up and sing really loud and then i'm in a really great mood...i love that...music in the car...windows down...it's the best.

is this the sort of rambling you were talking about?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fi users generally use music as a tool to influence their moods, whether conscious of this or unconscious. We are effected my the music in a sense that it changes our mood (if we want it to). It's not just ENFPs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

erinavery: YES perfect and +1 to the car thing

blackcat: i know it's not just an ENFP thing.
    i'm quite sure this applies to many other types as well, but i want to hear from my own species.
    but i just want to hear some ENFP opinions!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh I am always listening to my iPod, in fact I get a little irritated if I haven't listened to it in a while. When I need my down time, I pop in the ear buds and got to listening. I generally use my shuffel to try to randomly get the perfect song to listen to at the time. But if my iPod doesn't get to the "perfect" song fast enough I get irritated with it and yell at my iPod. Of course then I feel bad and apologize to my iPod, but by then I'm in a completely different mood so I have to start all over. Sigh.
    ENFP 4w5

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I go insane if I can't access my music. For some reason, it's just incredibly therapeutic for me, helps me focus my thoughts whether happy or upset. It makes me feel like there's something resonating with my soul, like another person ( the person making the music ) is on the same frequency as I am, and it gives me a communal feeling, like I'm not alone with my thoughts.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Fi users generally use music as a tool to influence their moods, whether conscious of this or unconscious. We are effected my the music in a sense that it changes our mood (if we want it to). It's not just ENFPs.
    it's really interesting i think to try to understand the way the cognitive functions work musically.

i think Fi users use it to jog their emotions and start spurring themselves to explore their feelings (already present).

Fe users use it to become it, merge with it, define and shape and articulate externally. it really is soundtrack for me bc life is hollow and empty internally without said merging, without the colors reflected off the surfaces of the earth, etc. i need that REFLECTION to show me what i feel (motivation!), what i am (value!), what is stirring deeply within.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    It makes me feel like there's something resonating with my soul, like another person ( the person making the music ) is on the same frequency as I am, and it gives me a communal feeling, like I'm not alone with my thoughts.
    i read this great article in the ny times about art and religion. art as this articulated symbol that opens up a space for a community to cohere, commune, communicate. i love the feeling at a show like sigur ros or something of the sort when the audience is a sea of people all being washed and bathed and pummeled by this like bioluminscent sound echoing against the walls, bodies, lights, etc. all polarized like a magnet drowned in the ether, all giving to and holding up and adding a little extra light, volume, weight to the projection on stage in front of us.

i find a very similar feeling in this typology project, in literature and film, mythology, poetry, etc. there is an explosive emotional burst or pop of inspiration when people get together and believe deeply in something, even if it IS inside a symbol. like it's a sketch of us that we all get to uniquely finish our own way.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i read this great article in the ny times about art and religion. art as this articulated symbol that opens up a space for a community to cohere, commune, communicate. i love the feeling at a show like sigur ros or something of the sort when the audience is a sea of people all being washed and bathed and pummeled by this like bioluminscent sound echoing against the walls, bodies, lights, etc. all polarized like a magnet drowned in the ether, all giving to and holding up and adding a little extra light, volume, weight to the projection on stage in front of us.

i find a very similar feeling in this typology project, in literature and film, mythology, poetry, etc. there is an explosive emotional burst or pop of inspiration when people get together and believe deeply in something, even if it IS inside a symbol. like it's a sketch of us that we all get to uniquely finish our own way.
    I think symbols actually assist us in defining our feelings about whatever it represents. I had been feeling futile about the world, like why should I bother to .... this or that.... if it all ends the same way ultimately. But then I realised that the people I look up to and admire, they all had to succeed in order to be seen by me, and therefore their efforts did matter and did effect a change. Music and art are these sorts of things to me - an artist might create something because it simply makes him happy, but to someone else who sees it, it might be the moment they needed to turn a corner in their lives. I appreciate the sense of shared experiences with those who create art or music. It fosters an environment of sharing, of generosity with others about their feelings.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I think symbols actually assist us in defining our feelings about whatever it represents. I had been feeling futile about the world, like why should I bother to .... this or that.... if it all ends the same way ultimately. But then I realised that the people I look up to and admire, they all had to succeed in order to be seen by me, and therefore their efforts did matter and did effect a change. Music and art are these sorts of things to me - an artist might create something because it simply makes him happy, but to someone else who sees it, it might be the moment they needed to turn a corner in their lives. I appreciate the sense of shared experiences with those who create art or music. It fosters an environment of sharing, of generosity with others about their feelings.
    definitely. sketching is but one way of putting it. symbols (language included!) are ways of creating and mapping context, exploring systemic relationships, bouncing around a large inter-textual discourse, etc. representation is a process by which the connections between things, the context, determines what specific meaning and usage will result. it's like cellular automata. it gives a strangely breathing ebb and flow to the process of creating meaning, a future adaptibility, a virtual pool to transform itself and actualize new expressions and fresh ideas inherent in the muddle of meaning.

and i agree wholeheartedly. i felt really good when i discovered mb bc it helped me feel like i understood my purpose as relates to my specific gifts, my highest good, what i can offer that is most uniquely and talentedly me. if you start from the ground up, maybe the world doesn't need quite as much connection, colour, and composition. but having them now and being as grateful for them as anything else in the world, we gotta do our part to keep them going, keep articulating and expressing and discovering new relationships, new meanings, feelings, expressions, etc. cultural production is where human life and art intersect. a good reason to be. and a necessary counterbalancing weight to the sometimes frightening coldness of the world.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yes. I do. Very muchso. I'm a music whore, and my relationship with music spans from a simple hip beat to something that moves me so much I can't always listen to it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge