• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: do you like psychopaths?

Do you like fictional psychopaths?

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I saw cheerchick's thread "ENFPs and exes" and misread it as "ENFPs and axes". Going from there I thought it would be interesting to see how many other ENFPs find psychopaths (at least in fiction) to be cool and inteiging. Some of my favourite movie characters are psychos.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I saw cheerchick's thread "ENFPs and exes" and misread it as "ENFPs and axes". Going from there I thought it would be interesting to see how many other ENFPs find psychopaths (at least in fiction) to be cool and inteiging. Some of my favourite movie characters are psychos.

Of course they like psychopaths(to some degree).
The fact that many ENFPs like to be around INTJs could be a good indicator of this. I know how this sounds but I think that typical INTJ (especialy those who fit the stereotype(s)) have many traits that can be linked to being a psychopath.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
HAHAHAHAHA well don't ENFPs like everyone and find them interesting! I know I do... Especially new people.... something shiny about them... Ahhh just call me a magpie and be done with it :D

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol baaaaaaaaaad question to ask an ENFP

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
a significant percentage of my friends are enfp. so it would seem like they do

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well...a psychopaths brain would be distinctly different from other people..so yeah..as long as I can do it from a safe distance, I'd love to get a peek ;)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes ENFPs like psychopaths. I can see them dating one.

sculpting

well the psych part really implies schizophrenia which might make for interesting conversations.

Do you really mean sociopaths or antisocial personality disorder, or just plain axe murderers?

INTJs aren't psychopaths, maybe just have a touch of aspergers. I wub them bunches.

revolve

yes i do. i spend 40 hours per week with all sorts of the mentally ill & i loves them. when i have too much time off from work i fiend for their craziness which i find interesting, comforting, fascinating, hilarious & entertaining.

L

Lasting_Pain

I think you meant Anti-Social, or Dissociative. Because who wants an axe murder?

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
yes i do! fictional at least. idk what you mean about real life psychopaths lol but i find the psychos in movies to be fascinating! I loooove the Hannibal Lecter series and Saw series because of it!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Psychopathy and sociopathy are distinctive illnesses -- I don't imagine many would enjoy the profound disconnect either condition creates.

Psychopathy is more like a Winter Storm Warning: behaviors have been observed and clinically chronicled that suggest a pattern of destructive and/or immoral aptitude, irrespective of resultant damage or specificity of target. Psychopathy is a description of behavior that seeks to serve personal impulse above the rights of others. Consequence is generally less important than the 'I want it' stimulus-response model.

More often than not, true psychopathy is neurologically preconditioned: the brain is unable to effectively process empathetic resolve from both a biochemical or psychological perspective.

Sociopathy is related, but not as chemically expressed, and is often the byproduct of dysfunctional upbringing and/or external factors less related to chemistry than psychopathy.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yes, I meant movie characters like Hannibal, the guy in American Psycho, Alex in Clockwork Orange, etc. I just noticed that some people have this "how aweful!" empathetic response, and I think "cool! What's he going to do next?"

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ENFPs......

Favorite-Puppy-Names.jpg

+

photo_CandyBars_large.jpg

I have them in my van. Want to come see?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think I've met a couple of psychopaths. They aren't as interesting as the ones in the movies though :tongue:

My favorite is Begbie from Trainspotting :

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyNjNddUenI"]Begbie[/YOUTUBE]

TT:No Bounty no way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I meant movie characters like Hannibal, the guy in American Psycho, Alex in Clockwork Orange, etc. I just noticed that some people have this "how aweful!" empathetic response, and I think "cool! What's he going to do next?"

yeah totally... the mind f*ck movies are my favorite...most people are so predictable. i love being able to figure them out...but the really twisted ones mess with me and i'm not sure if i can really deal with that anymore...but the crazy characters are totally the most interesting for sure...and weird to say but i think i'd quite enjoy knowing a few harmlessly nutty people. :shock:

eta: i just read that and it's a jumbled mess sorry. :blush:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
They might like eccentric people more than psychopaths. You get all the quirkiness and creativity of a psycho, but without the kidnapping.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...eccentric people are great. i think it's normally pretty easy to figure people out...know what they're going to say etc...but you see that one person who thinks differently then the rest and that's who i want to talk to...i can't learn anything without new information. i need a new perspective, you know? one i haven't figured out yet.

eta: that sounded like i was some elitist freak and that's not true i appreciate all sorts of people but you know...i need a lil nutty to wake up the brain cells.
t7xhappy.gif

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I feel like the more different someone is from the average person, the more their actions leave a mark on my mind, while all the normal people just form one big blurry memory of the same character.