User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fictional psychopaths?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, psychopaths are awesome.

19 33.33%
  • No, psychopaths are scary, evil (whatever else).

20 35.09%
  • Impartial, I am a psychopath.

18 31.58%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Third option!
    I also enjoy pies.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow, I recall writing "you're capable of dating a psychopath" as one of the "You're an ENFP when"... and I got quite a lot of resistance for that statement.

... and now look at them.

Good girl, Xel. Of course you should expect consensus about something like this. Smart.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Third option!
    I also enjoy pies.
    I have a pie too thanks... getting rather hungry. Might have to chase up a goodnight snack

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    A person with antisocial personality disorder does not,
    cannot, and will not ever love you.

Today we use the term antisocial personality disorder
    to describe the sociopath/psychopath.

And it has nothing to do with personality type.

Ps. I'm surprised that so many of you "knows" what antisocial personality disorder is, and can "pinpoint" who has personality disorder. Don't make me laugh. I bet you, if this forum even had five people with antisocial personality disorder, you wouldn't even know it because they wouldn't tell you about it. It's not untill you're locked up in their house for a year you'll be able to notice that they're in fact raving lunatics. I don't mean to burst EVERYONE's bubble or anything, but I can't stress the truth enough. You wouldn't know. Speaking out of experience.
    I wouldn't be suprised if you where right. God knows there where a bunch of serious headcases from where I came from before. 1 in 25 people have it, sociopaths don't know they are sociopaths, you just need to know to get the hell out of dodge when dealing with them. The best way to know a sociopath - Don't know them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if you where right. God knows there where a bunch of serious headcases from where I came from before. 1 in 25 people have it, sociopaths don't know they are sociopaths, you just need to know to get the hell out of dodge when dealing with them. The best way to know a sociopath - Don't know them.
    Yep! I am hyperalert to that kind of behaviour now and just go with my gut feeling these days rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt... so many people in the world so little time!

It is like I tell my son about stranger danger. If he feels uncomfortable it is better to leave and go somewhere safe and be wrong than ignore your intuition and stay and find out your intuition was right!

MBTI
    ENFP

On that note I leave the thread cause I obviously had not learnt my lesson well enough. I really don't want to know any more about them or talk about them and am even feeling a little unsettled... I got suckered in again lol bloody typical ENFP I am sometimes!

Thanks peoples for your discussion. Decision to STAY AWAY from psychopaths CONFIRMED!

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well you really shouldn't "be on the lookout" for it. If you do, you might turn it into an unhealthy obsession, which can cause you trouble establishing bonds, because you will be nitpicking their every move. Of course, this my just my opinion, but you'd be amazed at how quickly we (all of us) can become obsessed, even if it's just a little thing. E.g. the oral fixation of a cigarette.

It will be quite difficult to figure out if someone has antisocial personality disorder, and not all of them are necessarily "bad". But the majority of them would go for the "I need to follow social norms, because that's what normal people do," and they wouldn't be violent.

Just wanted to let you know so you don't end up with anxieties because of it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    Wow, I recall writing "you're capable of dating a psychopath" as one of the "You're an ENFP when"... and I got quite a lot of resistance for that statement.

... and now look at them.

Good girl, Xel. Of course you should expect consensus about something like this. Smart.
    I had to look up this thread to see what you meant. I'm impressed with the content of your post there and also with the mere fact that you were able to remember back that far.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

I dont like them, but I am very fascinated by them. i'd definately be interested in sociopath if i meet him and couldnt resist asking him questions. But I would probably be happy to kill him after that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I called it the Harley Quinn syndrome enfps thinking psychopaths are interesting. Because Harley Quinn is an enfp. You don't want to up like her.

We know that enfps like anything that's different from them. But I find them sad . But I know to say away from psychopaths and sociopaths because I am not helping them by talking to them. Plus, I don't want to get killed. I rather learn about psychopaths and sociopaths through reading about them.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath