User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fictional psychopaths?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, psychopaths are awesome.

19 33.33%
  • No, psychopaths are scary, evil (whatever else).

20 35.09%
  • Impartial, I am a psychopath.

18 31.58%
First 12345 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    I think you meant Anti-Social, or Dissociative. Because who wants an axe murder?
    I'm not lying or joking when I say that one of my best friends has killed three people and just got out of prison less than a year ago.

that probably answers the OP to a certain extent

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yikes greed...let's pretend you are.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I usualy like them. But when they do something I don't like, they should just watch out! I can't help it, but when a psychopath/sociopath starts annoying me, I just HAVE to, NEED to "play" with them. Then I start some kind of "competition", where I annoy the psychopath, and they annoy me back, and then I annoy them, until one of us drives the other crazy and the other one get scared and doesn't want to see the "winner" anymore. I win, most of the time.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I'm not lying or joking when I say that one of my best friends has killed three people and just got out of prison less than a year ago.

Self-defense?

Lasting_Pain

I have no idea what to say.

garbage

Sometimes, all a person needs to become a fully functioning member of society is to not have someone give up on them, especially after they've already paid the price for their past mistakes. There's a lot of reality out there--and many facets to all individuals--that a lot of people would just rather not deal with. Where's the fun in that?

That said, I'm not his friend out of some fascination about his past, but I must admit that it's been a worthwhile and intriguing exercise delving into the psychology of a world so foreign to mine.

Lasting_Pain

Sometimes, all a person needs to become a fully functioning member of society is to not have someone give up on them, especially after they've already paid the price for their past mistakes. There's a lot of reality out there--and many facets to all individuals--that a lot of people would just rather not deal with. Where's the fun in that?

That said, I'm not his friend out of some fascination about his past, but I must admit that it's been a worthwhile and intriguing exercise delving into the psychology of a world so foreign to mine.
    Well be careful. Recidivism rate is pretty high these days. Hate to see you be a victim or anything of the sort.

Enneagram
    1w2

Yeah, I'm going to have to nitpick. This person killed three people and none of the murders got him life? Who is this person's lawyer? Does he do pro bono?

I'm wondering if there is a slight romanticizing of a psychopath? Check this out: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ighlight=women Maybe this is some ENFP trope, kind of like The Reformed Rake who often appears in romance books and the woman who tamed him. I'm all about abnormal psychology with a long stick and a taser. Maybe ENFPs believe they're The Ones who can reach your friendly neighborhood psychopath?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I have no desire to reform a headcase. None.

Exclamation

Did he kill three people before, after, or while serving the prison sentence?