User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fictional psychopaths?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, psychopaths are awesome.

19 33.33%
  • No, psychopaths are scary, evil (whatever else).

20 35.09%
  • Impartial, I am a psychopath.

18 31.58%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

yes i do! fictional at least. idk what you mean about real life psychopaths lol but i find the psychos in movies to be fascinating! I loooove the Hannibal Lecter series and Saw series because of it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Psychopathy and sociopathy are distinctive illnesses -- I don't imagine many would enjoy the profound disconnect either condition creates.

Psychopathy is more like a Winter Storm Warning: behaviors have been observed and clinically chronicled that suggest a pattern of destructive and/or immoral aptitude, irrespective of resultant damage or specificity of target. Psychopathy is a description of behavior that seeks to serve personal impulse above the rights of others. Consequence is generally less important than the 'I want it' stimulus-response model.

More often than not, true psychopathy is neurologically preconditioned: the brain is unable to effectively process empathetic resolve from both a biochemical or psychological perspective.

Sociopathy is related, but not as chemically expressed, and is often the byproduct of dysfunctional upbringing and/or external factors less related to chemistry than psychopathy.

Yes, I meant movie characters like Hannibal, the guy in American Psycho, Alex in Clockwork Orange, etc. I just noticed that some people have this "how aweful!" empathetic response, and I think "cool! What's he going to do next?"
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

ENFPs......

+

I have them in my van. Want to come see?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Stranger danger!
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think I've met a couple of psychopaths. They aren't as interesting as the ones in the movies though

My favorite is Begbie from Trainspotting :

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyNjNddUenI"]Begbie[/YOUTUBE]

TT:No Bounty no way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yes, I meant movie characters like Hannibal, the guy in American Psycho, Alex in Clockwork Orange, etc. I just noticed that some people have this "how aweful!" empathetic response, and I think "cool! What's he going to do next?"
    yeah totally... the mind f*ck movies are my favorite...most people are so predictable. i love being able to figure them out...but the really twisted ones mess with me and i'm not sure if i can really deal with that anymore...but the crazy characters are totally the most interesting for sure...and weird to say but i think i'd quite enjoy knowing a few harmlessly nutty people.

eta: i just read that and it's a jumbled mess sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

They might like eccentric people more than psychopaths. You get all the quirkiness and creativity of a psycho, but without the kidnapping.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...eccentric people are great. i think it's normally pretty easy to figure people out...know what they're going to say etc...but you see that one person who thinks differently then the rest and that's who i want to talk to...i can't learn anything without new information. i need a new perspective, you know? one i haven't figured out yet.

eta: that sounded like i was some elitist freak and that's not true i appreciate all sorts of people but you know...i need a lil nutty to wake up the brain cells.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I feel like the more different someone is from the average person, the more their actions leave a mark on my mind, while all the normal people just form one big blurry memory of the same character.