• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's and exes?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You can be a homo erectus if you like, but they've been extinct for a few million years, IIRC.

Yeah I like to think I'm the last of the mohicans. Or some cool ancient race like in the post-apocalyptical scifi stories.

G

garbage

what the hell happened in this thread

talking about fossils or something

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
yeah really people get back on topic lol im interested in this :) go discuss that somewhere else you silly gooses! (silly geese? that doesnt sound as cool.)

anyways, what's going on with you cheerchick? are you thinking about dumping someone?

nope! i got dumped a lil while back and have dumped people before (well idk not dumped, but more just got sick of it and ran away from it awkwardly like some other people here said) and i was curious to see how other ENFP's dealt with similar situations! i like what rachelinpa said! its a crazy cycle for sure. i actually agree/identify with most of these replies!

keep it comin, this is fascinating.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I want to hear from ENFP's that actually have the "dumping" down. It seems to be a weakness.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I found myself comfortable with most of it all. The only break up that truly hurt me was a mutual break up, where we both decided we weren't 'right' for each other at that point in our lives. (we couldn't give each other what we each needed without sacrificing our own dreams, and we were both too young for that... still are.)

I more get hurt during the downhill spiral of a failing relationship.. by the time the break-up part comes in ink, I've already tried to repair the broken bridge so many times it's a relief to watch it burn and be done with it. I've never had a boyfriend break up with me, though. It's always been that I had to make the hard decision and deliver the news.

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only break-up that ever really hurt was also the only one I ever initiated. I don't think I handled it particularly well. But then again, it WAS high school.

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
The one where he broke up with me, I didn't understand it, because things were going really well (turned out to be factors he couldn't really control). I was really upset and confused for a bit. I worried what I did wrong, but I got over it pretty quickly.

The second one, I broke up with him. It was HORRIBLE. Probably because he was a great person. He just didn't call me on my bullshit, and something about it didn't work. I didn't feel like myself. I feel horrid about this time period, because looking back I feel like I picked fights to start the break up process. He'd apologize for almost no reason which would make me less happy with myself, ergo making me like the relationship less. Eventually I had to tell him that it wasn't working. I really tried to fix it, but I feel like I just dragged things out so i wouldn't have to face them head on :frown: .

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't really get that hurt because I am a fatalist and I just believe that if it is the right person it would work out and so when things don't go right I just think , "What am I really losing?" Answer "Someone who isn't right for me!" plus I think on the whole it's a good idea to stay friends and so you just gain right :D

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have only had one breakup now, (im pretty young) but i cant say i took it very well. It was the result of a nf/nt death spiral, so the breakup was mutual, but being the perciever i am, i haven't really got over it. Its not that i actually want to be going out with the entp any more, its more that i cant get any closure. Im still friends with her which probably makes it worse, but i havent liked any one in ages, something that tells me im still stuck.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
The feeling of abandonment is the worst. Being dumped sucks. It's immobilizing.

I stay in relationships far longer than I should, so as for dumping people I can do it. It takes a lot of time to think about it, but I can. I just hang on trying to repair or fix it far, far too long.

On the other hand, I have often times made myself miserable and dealt with it than ending it when I should as to not "hurt" the other person.

Pretty stupid.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENFP's are narcissists. Probably worse than ENTP.

I could probably sit around for a day or two trying to decide this one. ENTPs are probably more of the compensatory narcissistic type though.