User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You can't ever fully understand instinct. Ne is pretty delusional on that score - that everything can be understood. It can't. There are grey areas that will defy you. And my instincts may defy your reason as well.

Oh to hijack the brain of an ENTP and use it for my devices.
    What is instinct?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What is instinct?
    *laughs*

You're a very bad man.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

*laughs*

You're a very bad man.
    Define bad.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Define bad.
    *low whisper* Out, out, foul demons of Ne roadblock...
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENTP

*low whisper* Out, out, foul demons of Ne roadblock...
    You're welcome to avoid my direct questions. Just admit to doing so.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You're welcome to avoid my direct questions. Just admit to doing so.
    I admit nothing. Especially not about the Lindberg baby.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFj

To answer this thread. I will like to say that I have been used quite a few times, that is why i stopped giving a fuck about a lot of people.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by PM
    You know there's the pushover aspect to this that I think is rubbing me the wrong way. I've never been a pushover or one to get trampled.
    Great post. I was all with you until....
    I'm more likely to do the trampling than vice versa.
    I don't think this is the case for me and it could never be intentional. My style is one where I try to lay a strong foundation to the relationship regardless of who it is or the relationship type. I'd like to believe I am honest and straight forward in my desires. In some ways that limits my communication/depth with people. I tend to feel comfortable when things turn out like I had envisioned. People will not use me but I will give alot to another person if I care for them. There are of course 'degrees' of giving I suppose depending on the depth of trust and feeling. Trust comes from respect at least in my outlook. If I don't respect you chances are highly unlikely you'd even be given a chance to use me as I would avoid you most of the time. It would take time to lose that respect but you would eventually lose it along with the feelings I may have developed if you are selfish enough to try to use me.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch
    Yea, but is it possible for an ENFJ to think someone is coming to them for help when all they're really doing is venting or talking?
    Yes it's possible and I learned this lesson the hard way. I worked with a young woman when I was about 20. She would complain to me how her boyfriend would scream at her. He would push her around and talk down to her saying she was worthless etc. I would get so f'ing angry when she would tell me about it. I came up with solution upon solution and she never thought any of them were right. One day it finally dawned on me. She doesn't actually want to leave him despite what she says. She just seems to want all this attention. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I would say I began having an even heavier dependence upon Ni...you just can't listen to the words they are saying. It's really only a small part of what people are saying if you can teach yourself to listen. The ENFJ (me for sure) tends to like to do too much talking! Learning to really listen was/is an integral part of my development as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by TTR
    that is why i stopped giving a fuck about a lot of people.
    Excellent point. I wish I'd stopped giving a damn alot sooner about alot of things . It was hard at first to arrive at this point. I had built up inside my mind reasons I was supposed to care. In that regard many of my issues were (and still can be) self-imposed.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Great post. I was all with you until....

I don't think this is the case for me and it could never be intentional. My stylef who it is or the relationship type. I'd like to believe I am honest and straight forward in my desires.
    Yes, I think of myself like this as well. What I meant by what I said is that I'm not a "used and abused" person generally because I feel like I have some sort of natural floodgates preventing that from happening me. There's only so far I'll venture into a person without checking to see if I have a parachute or life vest or an escape route if necessary. I usually have some self-protective devices to shield myself when I'm entering into that zone.

And another reason why I said what I did is because I know I like a little more grrrrr in people and I have a tendency to keep pushing people until I get it, which is why I'm not as likely to get used because of that overriding instinct. I really like getting pushback from people, knowing or seeing that they can hold their own. I seem not to have that mothering instinct other Fe-doms have.

In some ways that limits my communication/depth is one where I try to lay a strong foundation to the relationship regardless owith people. I tend to feel comfortable when things turn out like I had envisioned. People will not use me but I will give alot to another person if I care for them. There are of course 'degrees' of giving I suppose depending on the depth of trust and feeling. Trust comes from respect at least in my outlook. If I don't respect you chances are highly unlikely you'd even be given a chance to use me as I would avoid you most of the time. It would take time to lose that respect but you would eventually lose it along with the feelings I may have developed if you are selfish enough to try to use me.
    Yes.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    To answer this thread. I will like to say that I have been used quite a few times, that is why i stopped giving a fuck about a lot of people.
    Agreed. Not worth it.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code