User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The good and bad thing felt iffy. The sentence that was supposed to replace for clarity also felt iffy. Maybe it's jinxed.

I'm thinking that it may just be you. Most INFPs I know have a very distinct view of what's "good" and what's "bad" in their life. Maybe it's an unconscious process for some people. Care to explain more?

I've read through that profile you posted and it's pretty good. I was hoping to give someone a different perspective though.

I will do some revision tomorrow. Thanks for actually pointing out what was clear and what wasn't.
    Of course I only meant it for further inspiration. I totally appreciate the effort. Its nice to hear what its like inside the head of an INFP from an INFP. Lets face it - there's some pretty complex sh*t going down inside there.

Hmm, I don't know about the sense of good and evil. I do have an immediate intuitive sense of something being right or wrong - as you describe. Maybe, we are talking cross-purposes. What I was trying to say was that I see moral complexity in everything - it comes from a sort of open-mindedness about people and the world. I consider myself (and INFPs in general) to be kinda fence-sitters about everything. Not sure how exactly to explain it. I'll get back to you...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I understand what you mean on an intuitive level, even though logically it's vague and unclear. I understand simply because I am like that, exactly how you described. Being on the fence and having a sense of good and evil. No need to elaborate for me, however others may be very confused.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

LOL. Damn! Where's that Se when you need it?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    LOL. Damn! Where's that Se when you need it?
    Im at yer service ma lady!, let our minds cojoin in cohesion of yer goal.

Also the profile is intriguing, but i should add that while INFP's benefit from T's , they are not always the most suitable matches.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I love all of it BlackCat - you did a great job describing what goes on under the hood for us. The only thing with which I didn't agree with is the idea that INFPs always count everything as either good or bad - I often have a feeling of "right" vs. "wrong", but rarely will I make the judgement of good or bad. My personal belief system causes me to avoid placing people or things into those boxes, because they're extreme - there is some good in even the worst action and vice versa. I have a feeling that may be an enneagram type 9 thing.

In fact, a lot of your profile seems to be geared towards type 9 INFPs. Type 4 INFPs can get mired in their despair in more length and depth than type 9s, but the type 9 might experience these with more frequency because of their tendency to push down negative emotions instead of processing them.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's an interesting point Jeremy. Although I'm a 9w8, I usually assert my negative emotions rather than push them down. I only push them down when I can't assert them or it would be unwise to assert them. This is probably the 8 wing kicking in, it's my way of getting inner harmony. I can't really say much about your point otherwise, since I'm not a type 4. If asserting my feelings doesn't work or I can't assert them then I will process a bad emotion. It seems like the priorities are flipped in this case.

The "right" vs "wrong" seems to be a much better way of putting it, I agree. Right can be "good" in someone's mind and wrong can be "bad" in someone's mind. It's open for interpretation by the person.

I was planning on making a section on "how enneagram effects an INFP" but I figured enneagram was self explanatory in it's own. However, since you've made this distinction I may have to reconsider. Hmm.... I haven't experienced "the mood" in about 2 months though, since I assert my negative feelings and get them out of my psyche.

Any parts that specifically scream "type 9" to you that I could fix?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I understand what you mean on an intuitive level, even though logically it's vague and unclear. I understand simply because I am like that, exactly how you described. Being on the fence and having a sense of good and evil. No need to elaborate for me, however others may be very confused.
    "There's no wrong or right but I'm sure there's good and bad." - Pearl Jam Thumbing My Way

Can I join in the Ne group hug?

I think I see what you're saying...

I was planning on making a section on "how enneagram effects an INFP" but I figured enneagram was self explanatory in it's own. However, since you've made this distinction I may have to reconsider.
    What I haven't seen when it comes to INFP descriptions in general, that I appreciate within the Enneagram system, is sub-types. I see a great deal of difference between some INFPs. The Enneagram deals with these sub-types through the use of wings and instinctual variants. I feel that sub-types are something that, if defined and outlined, may move this area of typology forward...

By the same token, it would be interesting to see a section on common mis-typings. (Also, common mis-perceptions?) I've always tested strongly INFP (either tests are accurate or they're not, who knows?) but it seems that many INFPs are not sure of their type and this seems to be part of the personality type...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Speculative you are onto something with the subtyping thing. I however think that enneagram IS that subtyping, or at least the first step in distinguishing it.

Currently in the process of putting in the relationships. Should be done in a bit.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I read it and I like it. Provides more clearance about the functions and all that. It is different than many other descriptions out there, which is good of course.

I'll let you know if I come up with something creative. Right now, I can barely stay awake.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

After having read Costrin's profile that he did I've decided to just do away with the relationship section and post what we need/seek in a relationship. Posting the specific types gets too complicated, and in a way indirectly discriminates against others.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.