User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

just remember, "too sensitive" is relative.

NFs are in the minority and are indeed probably more sensitive than others...but that sensitivity is needed in the world. not to toot our own horns, but NFs are often some of the visionaries of the world- writers, artists, and inspiring leaders. this means we need to be more sensitive. Being more sensitive than the general population often makes every day life challenging, but it also enables us to see and feel things others may not.

(i hope this doesn't sound arrogant)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No, I haven't really..I can be too sensative, though. I think it must be because of my Fi secondary function next to my Primary Ne, which doesn't let me openly express my feelings all of the time. I feel more inwardly, it's deeper. I have a poorly developed Fe, which would lead to someone being called 'too sensative'.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Funniest random crying episode..... I was watching a youtube video of this super cute in love married couple giving a review on something and I totally started crying. haha.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Usually I hold my hyper-sensitivity in so mostly people don't see it. Its just embarrasing how sensitive I am. On occasion it escapes though...

I used to get teased A LOT at school. One day in year 8 (I think this is equivalent to 7th grade) a guy teased me about something. For some reason I particularly reacted to it and ended up crying in the toilets :blushing: A nice girl from my class found me and told the teacher. At parent-teacher interviews my teacher (whom I otherwise liked) told my mother that I'm "too sensitive at times".

:steam:

I felt like punching him in the face. I put up with endless sh*t on a daily frickin' basis for years and I cry once and I'm "too sensitive"?

Not impressed - at all.

Its like people know you're a NF and are just waiting for you to be over-sensitive about something so they can use it as a weapon against you. I mean, how dare I give a f*ck and show it?

I am too sensitive to things but have learned to put a tough face on it over the years.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I've used the term that I'm sensitive to stuff to describe myself to friends though the too sensitive part isn't what comes to mind. I've been called a softie though.

MBTI
    INFP

Hm. Sensitive yes. Too sensitive no. I almost never cry and when I do it's just random tears rolling(well there's also the other not so pleasant ones).
    It takes a lot to make me cry even if I'm pretty emotional "underneath it all". I could probably play a practical joke on the day of a relative's death and smile politely all day long. Not because I am not feeling anything( I'm a human being, I'm just really self-controlled).
    I just really know how to "cover things up" but they tend to resurface later on.
    The one thing I am called is unemotional by people who don't know me. Those who do know me know it's the complete opposite.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Hm. Sensitive yes. Too sensitive no. I almost never cry and when I do it's just random tears rolling(well there's also the other not so pleasant ones).
    It takes a lot to make me cry even if I'm pretty emotional "underneath it all". I could probably play a practical joke on the day of a relative's death and smile politely all day long. Not because I am not feeling anything( I'm a human being, I'm just really self-controlled).
    I just really know how to "cover things up" but they tend to resurface later on.
    The one thing I am called is unemotional by people who don't know me. Those who do know me know it's the complete opposite.
    Luckyyyyy. I cry at everything. Books, movies, you name it. I also cry if I've been arguing with someone and gotten really worked up over it. It's embarrassing; I usually have to leave the room. Especially if it refers to injustice, because I've got this idea in my head that people are deep down nice and good, and those actions try and prove my bleeding heart wrong. Which I don't appreciate, thank you.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Luckyyyyy. I cry at everything. Books, movies, you name it. I also cry if I've been arguing with someone and gotten really worked up over it. It's embarrassing; I usually have to leave the room. Especially if it refers to injustice, because I've got this idea in my head that people are deep down nice and good, and those actions try and prove my bleeding heart wrong. Which I don't appreciate, thank you.
    Oh no, frustration and confrontation make me crack as well.

Yelling and arguing scare the shit out of my wimpy pants. I also cry out of anger(that's the not so pleasant crying, it's actually physically painful: EW! I've been told I look like I've been beaten up afterward.)
    I cry differently for different feelings, I've also cried of happiness. That's the best one for sure.

Actually, I tend to have the unexpressed residue come up in inappropriate situations later on. I like your way better .

I have the opposite thought : "I knew you were all dogs!"=>It's also embarrassing because it makes me seem like such a melo-dramatic moron.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-