User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I once worked with an ISTJ lady, who.. really tested me, and I would have to say.. was my WORST working experience.

No matter how friendly, how nice I was to her, I would get really snidy/smirky remarks I didn't appreciate.

In order to find justification for that kind of behavior, I was called 'too sensitive, ' when in fact, it takes 2!

I know I shouldn't take it personally, but when it happens to her when someone treats her the same way,, she didn't like it and found ways in which she could get me in trouble, which she never did, bc I worked hard and honestly, and I think it made her feel like shit. Consequently, I felt pushed into a corner, so i quit.

When people say we're too sensitive, I think it's an excuse for 'poor' behavior, TBH. Then there are times where I just say, "Whatev.." Or, what a classmate told me there is a saying in a particular part of the world:

"Not my problem."

If we do *best* with what we can, positively, in our situation/circumstances, then I think that is good enough, when our intentions are for the better.. for both.

Best regards.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

answer to title: yes, way too much.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've never been called 'too sensitive' by friends/boyfriends/coworkers/acquaintances.

But my mom has told me that I was 'such a sensitive child'. I think as a teenager I shelled myself up and during college/20's I just grew out of it a lot. I don't take offense easily, and usually cut people a lot of slack because I recognize personality differences. I'd say I'm still quite sensitive to subtle non-verbal cues/expressions/body language, though - but that's kinda a different context from what the OP is referring to.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

My mother calls me too sensitive and I doubt that's ever going to end; she knows me too well. I have a tough outer shell, besides that I'm not easily offended nor hurt emotionally. I haven't been called too sensitive, nor sensitive by any friends (best friend not included), collegues or relatives.

The only people to have called me too sensitive are the ones that I've told my more inner thoughts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

"Hypersensitive"
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It was my middle name growing up...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Poke my emotions and I crumple into a heap. It's awful. I'm not sensitive to topics, but I'm sensitive to criticism, insults, gossips, offending people...yeah. I needs to work on that, because it results in me apologizing too much as well.

In short: yes.

MBTI
    INFP

Very very often as I was growing up younger, and still sometimes today.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I used to be so much more sensitive then I am now. I do remember that being said to me early in life quite often. Looking back, I did in fact take their advice.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It is amazing how much this post has helped me. Thank you to all who have posted. I have never in my life actually realized that I'm not alone in this.