• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] The INFP Appreciation Thread

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
This is what I've learned from this thread:

An INFP is an INFJ with ADD.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i am going to pretend like i am definitely an INFP and revel in this thread :ninja: :whistling:

um yeah sooo i love infps
:hug::hug::hug::banana:

just watch out for when they/we go all
:2ar15::devil:
on the inside

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^^^ Welcome to Wonderland.

Wanna space out, make up a children's story, get drunk, and laugh about old times? :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^^ Welcome to Wonderland.

Wanna space out, make up a children's story, get drunk, and laugh about old times? :)

daw like when we were little IFP kids? (regardless of now, i was one hella IFP kid)

i used to save worms from the sidewalks.

actually wait sometimes i still do :huh:

hehe. favorite IFP memories?

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i used to save worms from the sidewalks. actually wait sometimes i still do :huh:

Nice. You are definitely one of us. :yes:

I was once late to a wedding (mine) cuz I pulled over, got out of the car, and carried a turtle out of the road.

What made me late was that I waited til he came out of his shell and marched off happily into the woods.

I had to make sure he was okay. :blush:

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
favorite IFP memories?

The next day, on our honeymoon, my wife and I sat on the edge of a cliff in the North Carolina mountains, tripping on acid, and watched butterflies and bumblebees floating over the abyss. :wubbie:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The next day, on our honeymoon, my wife and I sat on the edge of a cliff in the North Carolina mountains, tripping on acid, and watched butterflies and bumblebees floating over the abyss. :wubbie:

awwww it was your wedding!

hehe that's too cute. nc mountains! i've lived there actually :thumbup:

acid, really? was it scary? i've heard that all it takes is a single dot on a piece of paper.

</obviously a n00b>

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
awwww it was your wedding!

hehe that's too cute. nc mountains! i've lived there actually :thumbup:

acid, really? was it scary? i've heard that all it takes is a single dot on a piece of paper.

</obviously a n00b>

Well, I wasn't that late, lol. It was a very laid back event. We had actually gone to the Justice of the Peace in Chapel Hill and got "officially" married earlier that day with just immediate family in attendance. It was June 1st, a perfect day in the country, and we got married on the lawn in front of the courthouse in that awesome little town.

And then later we had a lot of friends and more family over for a big ole party in our big ole backyard, where a friend of ours "married" us in front of everyone. BTW, he was a bright and shining ENFP, and he loved every minute of it. :)

That's when we actually exchanged our vows. We were both overjoyed and overwhelmed, and we shed many happy tears. In fact, I don't think there was a dry eye in that backyard. We played "This Must Be The Place" by Talking Heads after the ceremony was over. (IMO, the best love song ever written.) It was perfect. :wubbie:

No stress, no protocol, no real schedule. No rented clothes or expensive dresses. It fit the two of us perfectly.

Then the next day we drove up to Hot Springs, just north of Asheville, for a few days in the mountains. Again, very laid back and relaxing. We had it made... no worries, not a care in the world. Nothin but love. And that's why we felt safe tripping at the edge of a cliff.

No, the acid wasn't scary, although it can be if you're not careful. There have been times when I wished it would end, and times when I wished it wouldn't. That was one of the times I wished it wouldn't. But if it's a good trip, you come down so soft and easy that you really don't mind. And a little weed here and there doesn't hurt either. :headphne:

And yes, it's just a bit of liquid dropped on a "tab" of paper about a quarter inch square. You just put in on your tongue until it disintegrates, and about a half hour later you notice you're not in Kansas any more. :shock:

I've been asked several times what it's like, and the best I can come up with is... it's like the whole world vibrates. We were having the time of our lives. We were in a very relaxed state of mind, and we just went with it. That's the key. It can turn on you if you're not in the right place in your life for it. Believe me, I know. :doh:

Please don't think I'm advocating it -- I feel like it has to find you for it to be right, not the other way around. Those kinds of things need to just happen to you -- you can't force it.

Anyway, thanks for asking... I enjoyed this trip down memory lane. No pun intended. :cheese:

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
INFP = constant acid trip really, I find it to be eluding.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP = constant acid trip really, I find it to be eluding.

LOL. Well-said. I often wonder what it would be like to have a "practical" day.

In fact, today is a good example... I'm having a bizarro out of body experience just sittin here on TypoC (listening to EELs - thanks mmhmm), and drinkin coffee. Will I get anything done today? Probably not. Will I have a great day? Yes. Will it exhaust me? Definitely.

I think some of the other types think we try to be spacey and trippy, when really it just happens naturally... all the time. :shock:

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do. It's crazy. I'm a good driver (my "S" is always there of course, protecting me and everyone else out on the road), but yes, the daydreams flow fancy free while I drive.

I get lost more than anyone I know. The only way I can find myself back to where I've been before (even if I've been there many times), is to try to put myself back into the "space" I was in when I first went there.

It's infuriating, for me and others, but now that I have a Garmin, I'll always get there.

But still, I can't tell you how many times I hear "recalculating" when I'm in the car. I think now that I have a GPS, I pay attention even less to where I'm actually going. :shock:

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
do infps daydream when they drive

yes, constantly; interestingly enough i have never gotten into an serious accident that i caused/could have prevented, either. i just got rear ended this one time. Oh, Los Angeles!

i try really hard to keep focused on the road by making driving into a "game". i look as far ahead of me as i can, evaluate who looks like they're going really slow or going more my speed, how long the traffic light has until red, and i plan out how to most efficiently get to where i'm going. but then in the process i drive by my favourite sushi restaurant and omg i love sushi, it's so good i want some unagi right now, ahhh i remember that date i had there that one time where the guy fell asleep on me and i got all this free unagi out of it oh man, that guy totally FELL ASLEEP ON OUR DATE. oh yay i have a dinner date with my boyfriend tonight and he's so great and that one time that he *censored*

and then before i know it, i'm at my destination. :D

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
You understand me on every level. We can be silly/fun together and understand each other's odd sense of humor, but we can also connect on a much deeper level. I don't have to worry about being judged or criticized when I confess something to you, and you'll never get bored of listening to me rant. :yes:

Chloe

I just wanna say... that I figured how I have huge soft spot for male INFPs.... omg..........
I adore them.

And contrary to social prejudices, I find them very often very manly.

mature male INFPs.... :wubbie::wubbie:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I just wanna say... that I figured how I have huge soft spot for male INFPs.... omg..........
I adore them.

And contrary to social prejudices, I find them very often very manly.

mature male INFPs.... :wubbie::wubbie:

No such thing. We've just evolved a better mask. :D

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
You understand me on every level. We can be silly/fun together and understand each other's odd sense of humor, but we can also connect on a much deeper level. I don't have to worry about being judged or criticized when I confess something to you, and you'll never get bored of listening to me rant. :yes:

True.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFP is ENFJs match right :)? My ex was an INFP.... :*( miss him. Anyway, you guys are awesome!

KDude

Trying to figure out if saying INFP is on a constant trip is serious. I've done enough to know it isn't me now. :thinking: Please don't make me retype myself again =\ If that's the opposite of S/grounded, then I don't know what to think about typology anymore.